• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    I'm lusting for either a CZ 75 Compact or a CZ P01.

The Compact has a manual safety. It also has a "firing pin safety". Would the firing pin safety allow for safe Condition 2 (loaded chamber, hammer down) carry. This seem to be frowned upon with the 1911 crowd. Just wondering if it's any different for the CZ.

The P01 has a decocker, with NO manual safety. It also has the firing pin safety, same as the Compact. Again, the same concern, could the hammer get wacked hard enough to cause a discharge, or does the firing pin safety prevent that?

Also, what are your experiences/opinions of manual safeties vs. decockers?

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    Drop test
    1.5 meter (4.9”) drop test, this is done 54 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked. Dropping the pistol on the butt, the muzzle, back of the slide, sides of the gun, top of the slide, in essence, any angle that you could drop the gun from. This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

3meter drop (9.8”) 5 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked, This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

CZ-USA -> CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    could the hammer get wacked hard enough to cause a discharge, or does the firing pin safety prevent that?

Also, what are your experiences/opinions of manual safeties vs. decockers?

No the hammer could not be hit hard enough to cause a discharge, that is exactly what the firing pin safety was designed to prevent.

As for my experiences/opinions of manual safeties vs. decockers, I own both types and carry both types. As long as your proficient and trained I don't think one is better or worse than the other

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    The all time double action is what is hard for 1911 shooters to get used to. I used to say I want to have to cock my pistol at least before firing. The single action trigger is in essence a safety. I am not into all day cocked and locked carry. I just got a SPO1 & love it. I do wish the decock were a true safety like my Beretta 92fs, but double action trigger pull has been deemed safe enough.

Last edited:

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    the decocker on the p-01 lowers the hammer to half cock. the pull after that is only half as long. the decocker runs independant of the firing pin block lifter so it is perfectly safe. i prefere the p-01 with some enhancements ,of course:):

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    The CZ website shows a nice video on how to easily install a "safety lever conversion kit " in the P-01. Easily converts the de-cocker to a true safety. Check it out.

Top Bottom