• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Unique

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Two great guns. Can't go wrong with either.
    Both are very accurate. Both are reliable.
    The CZ is all steel. The Sig is Alum alloy frame--gotta keep the frame rails greased.
    See which fits your hands better.

GripnRip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So the question is....where do you get one? I too am looking for a CZ 75B. I strongly prefer to actually see and feel the gun I am buying. With that in mind, who sells them new?

Check the CZ-USA website for dealers. I know Gander Mountain sells them (prices are kind of high). Also, I know Whittaker Guns in Owensboro, KY has them in stock.

GripnRip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I bought a CZ

Well I made a choice and bought the CZ-75B. I just got it on Wednesday. I'm going to clean it today and hopefully go shoot it for the first time tomorrow. This is my first handgun. My first impression is...I love it. It feels perfect in my hand, looks great, and is flawless. I hope I have the same impression after shooting for the first time. By the way, I ordered from cheaperthandirt.com. My FFL (Hunter's Choice in Vincennes) got it 6 days later (not bad considering the holiday). I really shopped around and they had the best price I could find. Really happy with the purchase.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    You made a great choice. I have a CZ-75 and it is my favorite gun I own. If you want to make your CZ truly exceptional send it to the CZ custom shop and have them supply/install a custom hammer and tune the gun. I sent mine in and the trigger pull is a smooth 8.5#/3.5# and is better then any Sig I have shot.

Here's a picture of my CZ with the a 25 yard test target.
    DSCF4416.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new CZ. I have a Compact in 9mm and have found it to be one of the best guns I've ever owned. I am partial to night sights and installed a set of Trijicon sights in mine and love them. They went in with no trouble at all. You'll love shooting that gun.

mikebaker1129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Houston ,TX
    Both are great . I have to say that my sig 226 is slightly more accurate than my CZ75,but not by much. I paid over $700 for my sig and bought the CZ from the same dealer slightly used for $299. The CZ is the better gun for the money in my case. Someone bought the CZ had for 2 weeks and brought it back and traded it in !
    It worked out well for me !
    I have heard that Sigs quality is not what it once was. Something about Cohen and the junk new mags that they are shipping with these days.....

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I had both guns, sold my P-226, but kept my CZ-75:rockwoot: I like the fit of the CZ in my hands, the cock-n-lock safety, :twocents:

I would have to agree. The CZ just feels awesome in hand for a guy who normally wears size med/large gloves. I have the P07 model and I am a much better shot with it vs. the 226's I've shot.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    The Sig is also 100% reliable, at least mine was. I never liked the grips on the Sigs and that is why I don't own one.

I'm odd man out with the Sig grips fitting me better. I love my 226 and my 228 feels like handgun perfection.... sorry Gaston.

melensdad - Have you tried one with the e2 grips? I found them making my 226 feel very reminiscent of a CZ75. So much so that I'm moving back to standard grips. You might like it though.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    As much as I like my CZ's

I like my Sig P226's more

My P226 Swiss Police Trade in

SigSauerP2262.jpg

It looked rough when I bought it for $375 - I sent the slide to CCR for a slide refinish $79 - and put new grips on it. Look great now.

Here's my Sig P226 X5

SigSauerP226X5a.jpg

Absolutely the most accurate gun I've ever shot.

:cool:

GripnRip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Well I made a choice and bought the CZ-75B. I just got it on Wednesday. I'm going to clean it today and hopefully go shoot it for the first time tomorrow. This is my first handgun. My first impression is...I love it. It feels perfect in my hand, looks great, and is flawless. I hope I have the same impression after shooting for the first time. By the way, I ordered from cheaperthandirt.com. My FFL (Hunter's Choice in Vincennes) got it 6 days later (not bad considering the holiday). I really shopped around and they had the best price I could find. Really happy with the purchase.

Got it shoot it last week. Loved it! Felt great. Functioned great. Shot 50 rounds. Now I just need to learn to shoot accurately. Started out shooting from 10 yards - standing position. Not great but not too bad for a beginner. Got to start somewhere. I was a little concerned with not having the decocker but after handling the gun I realize it's not a big deal at all. Super easy to lower the hammer easily.

I've ordered the .22 conversion kit as well. Cheaper practice. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Top Bottom