• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    Looking to have my comp sights installed on a CZ SP01 Tactical model. Was going to try it myself but I'm too chicken to drill the hole out on the front sight. CZC sights.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Hey Combsie go see the guy's up at ZX on coliseum they wil charge you like $10 -15

Or you could bring it over and I could do it for you.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I have found that on the front sight, after you mark either side to show where the "groove" needs to be in the bottom of the new one, you can groove out the metal by hand with a knife sharpening stone, along the sharp edge where two sides come together. Since I use the stone anyway, to remove the necessary height from the bottom of the sight base while fitting the sight, this was convenient and worked rather nicely. To me it was easier than setting up to drill it, and risking broken bits, damage to the hole in the slide, etc. I wasn't crazy about the unconventional CZ frontsight mounting geometry at first, but after doing this, I've rather come to like it.

If drilling the front is the only thing holding you back from doing it yourself, you might consider it. Go slow and try-fit every dozen strokes or so, and it works.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    There is also Jerry Johnson which is a professional gunsmith in churabusco. That would be your best route and he would do a great job for you.

I have his number if you want it just PM me.

Top Bottom