• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arisb32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I'm trying to deside between the CZ SP-01 Phantom or the full size polymer 9mm Jericho/Baby Eagle. I'm interested in using the pistol for target/competition/defense purposes...an all-around performer. This would be my first purchase and the only prior handgun experience I have is with a 1911 and revolvers...so, any input would be much appreciated. Thanks...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have no direct experience with either, but can say that I'm very happy with all of the CZs I have. I've experienced no issues whatsoever with my CZ 9mms.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Why not get a real steel SP01?

If you're coming from 1911s, it seems that a proper steel handgun would be an easier transition.

One of the best things about a proper CZ is that it isn't plastic.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While no parts interchange with each other, the two pistols are very very similar in design. Both are derived from the original, CZ75.

You really will have to grip them both. Shoot them both if possible.

Consider that the Phantom is a direct decedent from the original (if you're into the nostalgia of the brand).
    Also consider the CZ parts availability might be just a bit better.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    It's the same gun, from different manufacturers. The grips are a little different between the two pistols, so I would suggest that you try the feel of each before deciding. Either would serve you well.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    The baby eagle is a good gun that's just the importer name it was given by the importer at that time it has been known by many other names including jericho 491(the original designation) it also has been known as baby eagle and uzi eagle. They are very nice guns I enjoyed the ones i have shot a lot.

arisb32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Part of the issue is cost. I have found both pistols NIB for $450. The all steel versions are running about $100 more it seems.

arisb32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Dang...Grrrr...someone snuck in and scooped my sale...now they're running a good $40 more...coulda got a spare mag or two for that...hmmm...

Top Bottom