Daily Steals has a cheap entrenching tool!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Especially since the good east German ones can be had from surplus stores for less than $20.

I've had my fill of cheap entrenching tools. I've never bought one, but have been given them as presents or used other folk's during a dig, and I would NEVER buy one without being able to hands-on first. Too much cheap crap out there that will fail to do the job.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Stay away! I have bought several different brands of "E-tools" over the years and figured out that a cheap one will bite you in the butt quick! I've got the scar to prove it..thanks to a coleman camp shovel. I beat the crap out of my tools and the only brand I have found that I have not been able to destroy is "Predator tool company" products. I bought this one a few years ago and love it!
    I've pried rocks up with it,chopped down trees that where 3+" in dia. used it to dig in some of the hardest soil this country has to offer and its still awesome! the finish has worn off of it though.:dunno::):
    Product Details

kinda pricey but as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for"
    plus they are made in the good ole USA!:rockwoot::patriot:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Stay away! I have bought several different brands of "E-tools" over the years and figured out that a cheap one will bite you in the butt quick! I've got the scar to prove it..thanks to a coleman camp shovel. I beat the crap out of my tools and the only brand I have found that I have not been able to destroy is "Predator tool company" products. I bought this one a few years ago and love it!
    I've pried rocks up with it,chopped down trees that where 3+" in dia. used it to dig in some of the hardest soil this country has to offer and its still awesome! the finish has worn off of it though.:dunno::):
    Product Details

Honestly! People actually wonder why there are no jobs? 5 bucks worth of metal, 10 bucks to heat treat it, 25 dollars to engineer it. They maybe pay their employees 25 dollars an hour to make them (if they are generous) and can make 25 an hour. Lets see.....nope dont want one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Product Details

You haven't by chance used the longer handled version have you?
    This certainly has my interest for a truck shovel. If I'm having to use it, there will be no room for junk.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    ...it's not a bad price, but if you're looking for a cheap etool, the coleman ones are 8 bucks or so at walmart. I bought one for the girlfriends car to break up ice and such. She'll probably never need it, but for 8 bucks it's worth it for the piece of mind.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    ...it's not a bad price, but if you're looking for a cheap etool, the coleman ones are 8 bucks or so at walmart. I bought one for the girlfriends car to break up ice and such. She'll probably never need it, but for 8 bucks it's worth it for the piece of mind.

I bought one of those Coleman folding shovels because I enjoyed my military issue one so much and regretted it. I returned it in unusable shape because it was very cheaply built. If you plan to dig in anything other than sand do yourself a favor and buy a military quality e-tool.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    You haven't by chance used the longer handled version have you?
    This certainly has my interest for a truck shovel. If I'm having to use it, there will be no room for junk.

Yep..I have the long handled version as well as a couple of their fixed shovels. I prefer the shorter handles simply because they are easier to carry in a back pack or on my belt...the longer ones are easier on the back though.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Product Details

for a folding shovel this is a insane price lol. i have no problem paying for quality but you can do very well for 20-50 bucks.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Honestly! People actually wonder why there are no jobs? 5 bucks worth of metal, 10 bucks to heat treat it, 25 dollars to engineer it. They maybe pay their employees 25 dollars an hour to make them (if they are generous) and can make 25 an hour. Lets see.....nope dont want one.

Thats your choice. I prefer to spend a little more to have a reliable tool that is backed by A+ US customer service. I've purchased shovels from them and once I got them decided I wanted a modification done to them{a little taken off the handle,different angle on the blade,serration added etc etc} I'd call them up and they would tell me to send the shovel back and they did the mods for free...it only cost me shipping.
    In all honesty...if your only use for a shovel is planting bulbs in the garden or diggin a hole to crap in while camping then these shovels will be over kill. you can find something at the local home depot that will fit your needs fine..but if you break it don't expect any kind of CS.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    for a folding shovel this is a insane price lol. i have no problem paying for quality but you can do very well for 20-50 bucks.

Yep..you can do very well in that price range. The only mass produced/surplus type shovel I have ever used and actually liked is the WW2 Russian entrenching tool...it doesnt fold and I eventually broke the handle,the handles are easy enough to replace though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep..I have the long handled version as well as a couple of their fixed shovels. I prefer the shorter handles simply because they are easier to carry in a back pack or on my belt...the longer ones are easier on the back though.

Thank you sir! Although, you may have just cost me another Benjamin+. :xmad:
    Good tools are an investment.:yesway: My grandsons will one day appreciate your advice to me.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Thank you sir! Although, you may have just cost me another Benjamin+. :xmad:
    Good tools are an investment.:yesway: My grandsons will one day appreciate your advice to me.

If you do order one I think you will pleasantly surprised and it will last you and your grandson a life time....if it doesnt,then send it back and they will give ya a new one;)

Top Bottom