• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I'm starting this poll in response to "trade offers" I receive about items I sell in the classifieds.

I think by now all us dealers should know that if we are gonna sell something in the classifieds that we are gonna get some low ball "trade offers" .

Most of the time I don't mind it too much because that's just part of the game. If the "trade offer" is retarded I can't just ignore it and go about my business because then I am a snob and it is just bad business. Instead I have to be nice and explain that I can buy wholesale and the price they think the said item is worth is what I buy it for brand new.

The "trade offers" that ANNOY THE **** OUTTA ME are the ones from non-FFL dealers .

They claim they buy can product "X" new at this price from another dealer so they want you to sell it for that price . WTF !!!

I don't hate them for being non-FFL's cause they did want to go through the BS to get the licenses to be able to buy the gun related stuff at really good prices or pay thousands a year in insurance, keep immaculate records, pay sales tax, pay account fees, attorney fees, advertising fees, ect.

However , I find it insulting when they make a "offer" to trade at the price they can sell said item for on the open market.

There's already a huge disparity in the price on what they can sell stuff for and not have to charge sales tax.

Is it just me or does it bother any other FFL dealers? :)

Last edited:

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    I understand your position, and agree with you. It's much like being a non ffl holder and going to the gun shop with a 1000.00 gun to trade and the ffl offers you 250.00...insulting

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So let me understand this. You are a FFL dealer doing business though the classifieds. What is the advantage of you doing this? It must be advantageous to you or you would not be doing it correct? Now again if I understand it correctly what you are complaining about is the very nature of the classifieds. If you don't want low ball offers you can simply put firm in the ad. As for trades you could also make it clear that you only want a specific item as a reasonable trade.

These are the same kind of complaints I see from non FFL doing ads in the classifieds and I don't get it. The classifieds are a free market situation, the very nature of a bargaining system unless you place restrictions in the ad to avoid any play with trades or amounts of money offered.

Am I understanding the situation correctly or not?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Doesn't anybody get the mildly humorous joke???

So you like making jokes huh , Corey ?

Well yeah sure , you being an FFL I'm sure you find asking a guy to take a FEW HUNDRED dollar cut on a rifle (just cause you can buy it cheaper) funny .

Corey , it's almost as funny as you NOT KNOWING a product YOU SELL is back ordered .

But "what the hell" right ? I mean , it's not like it's your money or time right ? You already have NFA toys .

So what if YOUR ACTIONS cost YOUR customers more time in an already ridiculously long process ?

Just who the hell do I think I am anyway ?

I mean , who doesn't meet strangers and hand them $2,000 and then say ," I'll see you in a year " ?

Where do I get off thinking that you as a business man should know what products you have access to ?

Oh that's right , "they" didn't tell you until a few weeks after the order was placed and you had my $2,000 spent .

You see Corey up till now I've been recommending you , even with your above **** up , never again .

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

Well yeah sure , you being an FFL I'm sure you find asking a guy to take a FEW HUNDRED dollar cut on a rifle (just cause you can buy it cheaper) funny .

Corey , it's almost as funny as you NOT KNOWING a product YOU SELL is back ordered .

But "what the hell" right ? I mean , it's not like it's your money or time right ? You already have NFA toys .

So what if YOUR ACTIONS cost YOUR customers more time in an already ridiculously long process ?

I mean , who doesn't meet strangers and hand them $2,000 and then say ," I'll see you in a year " ?

Where do I get off thinking that you as a business man should know what products you have access to ?

Oh that's right , "they" didn't tell you until a few weeks after the order was placed and you had my $2,000 spent .

You see Corey up till now I've been recommending you , even with your above **** up , never again .

:popcorn:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    offers don't bother me. FFL or not.

I get more upset at gunshows when someone with a table offers me $250 less than I'm asking. My prices aren't rock solid, but I'm not desperate enough that I am going to take a loss. Well unless there is a trade involved that I really want. REally get upset when they try to make money coming and going. I have a trade worth $500 in sales, they have a gun they are asking $500 for. Seems like an even trade to me, unless they really took someone in a trade before.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

Someone took an extra grumpy pill today.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County

Ok, the 24 hour cooling off period for my recanting post has expired.

#1- No, I do not know who you are (I do not associate INGO names with customer names) and at this point after your public whiny tantrum and assault on mypersonal and company name, I don't care.

#2- The NFA game is a slow game, if you didn't know that when you jumped in the pool then you didn't do your homework.

#3- If I called you and told you your item was back ordered (which may be 100% true) it was also with a 100% OFFER TO REFUND YOUR MONEY WHICH IS THE SAME OFFER I EXTENDED TO EVERYONE IN THAT CASE. If you didn't take that offer then again, your problem, not mine.

#3- The disparity between FFL holders and Non-FFL holders, Car-Dealers and Non-Car Dealers, Stereo Salesman and Non-Stereo Salesman is always going to bethere. I was making light to the fact that it goes both ways on ridiculous offers. It has always been that way and will always be that way. If it is ofpersonal offense to you and to mental anguishing to say no if one of those FFL dealers sends you a private PM then maybe you shouldn't use the classifieds.

#4- If you are who I think you are then you only spent a little less then $1200 and that included state tax, I gave you a discount above and beyond my normal already low prices, and I met you half way between my business and yourhouse to make it easier for you to pay me.

Although I appreciate any customer that spends any amount, after this I realize I don't need your business any more because it seems you have some issues in which I would rather not be associated with.

Last edited:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Top Bottom