• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pompeo says China incident is 'entirely consistent' with Cuba 'sonic attacks'

So another "sonic attack" seems to have occurred, this time in China.

How do you deal with these if they become commonplace in the future?

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Wednesday that an incident involving a US government employee stationed in China who reported "abnormal sensations of sound and pressure" suggesting a mild brain injury has medical indications that are "very similar" and "entirely consistent" to those experienced by American diplomats posted in Havana.

US officials have issued a health alert in China following the incident. Additionally, the US State Department is looking into whether the incident is similar to what happened in Cuba in 2016 and 2017, a US diplomatic official told CNN, which the US government characterized as a "sonic attack." That incident led to a reduction in staffing at the US Embassy in Havana.
    The official who fell ill was assigned to the city of Guangzhou in southern China and reported a range of physical symptoms from late 2017 through to April 2018, the State Department said. The employee was sent back to the United States for assessment.

Or is this entirely overblown and inaccurate?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sonic attacks that cause brain trauma are not a hearing issue...leave the country maybe? :dunno: Let the ChiComs go pound sand...then nuke em.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ok so we have "nuke china" on the list of possible solutions.

anyone else?

:)

You can't, you can only be prepared after becoming aware of an attack. How to go about doing it, I don't know, but I doubt have a set of ear mufflers would be all that helpful.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can't, you can only be prepared after becoming aware of an attack. How to go about doing it, I don't know, but I doubt have a set of ear mufflers would be all that helpful.

Would have to be some sort of material that absorbs ultrasound.

And probably for your whole body/living quarters, and not just via the ears, I would imagine.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ask this guy.

giphy.gif

Edit.

Sorry, apparently all Lucio gifs are freakin' yuge.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And there you have it. The enemy is shooting at you and your family, what are you willing to do now.

More retaliation:

[video=youtube;JZ9pHBEUWPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ9pHBEUWPo&list=RDMMJZ9pHBEUWPo&start_rad io=1[/video]

This is how my teenage daughters have been attacking me for the last few weeks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tim Pool reporting on this. Not a lot of new info, but interesting.

[video=youtube_share;H-APuYs7kZk]http://youtu.be/H-APuYs7kZk[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Seems like it should be ammenable to noise cancellation techniques. If it damages by mechanical means (as I'm sure it does) might take some experimentation with how to apply such techniques so the out of phase sound you're generating doesn't damage you as much as the attack would

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seems like it should be ammenable to noise cancellation techniques. If it damages by mechanical means (as I'm sure it does) might take some experimentation with how to apply such techniques so the out of phase sound you're generating doesn't damage you as much as the attack would

I dunno. It’s an interesting problem. I don’t think noise cancellation technology could work unless the point source problem is solved better than what we have today. You either have to apply the anti-phase wave at the source or the destination. Hard to guess where the source would be so probably that’s out.

Noise canceling headphones obviously deal with it at the destination. But if this is a very powerful wave then I don’t know if headphones could even be effective.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom