Death video of a love one. Would you watch it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I'm sorry is this question is some what macabre.

I was surfing the internet and came across a video of young man who was hit by a trash truck. Although the video isn't all that graphic, it's still very disturbing to me, due to the fact it's real or being pass as real (don't believe everything I see on net)

I really bothers me more to think that his parents or a love one may see this video.
    Anyway the topic isn't about this video, but a question of would you watch such a video if it was your love one.
    I don't think I could at first, but I could see where over time (years) I would like to see it.

I certainly wouldn't want it posted on the internet for all to make their uncalled for remarks.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh, DEATH, I clicked on this to see what a DEALTH video is! No I wouldn't want to see it. Unfortunately I think this is one of those things that that pesky Constitution thingy might cover.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    you can see all sorts of death videos on live leak. I have seen a couple over the years and it for sure wasn't anything I would want to do again.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've watched plenty of people die in real life. I don't need to watch a video of it if it was a stranger, but on the flip side, if it was a friend or loved one and I had questions about how it happened or what they went through, I probably would. When my grandmother was run over in a parking lot, I had my mom get me the EMS run report and the ER report so I could see what my grandmother's last moments were like.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I often wonder about that when the death is also newsworthy. How would you like to be related to one of those that died on the Challenger Shuttle? You've just about put it out of your mind and you're watching TV when, for some reason, the footage is shown again. Could be a news show, could be a CSI rerun. That footage is shown all the time.

For a one off, you could probably be successful in avoiding it if you didn't want to see it. I doubt I would watch if I could avoid it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Depends. I'd probably watch it once, and only once, and might turn it off half way through if it was really gruesome.

I'd definitely want to know the details of their death if there was no video though.

That's one of the things that bugs me about my brother being in combat. If he does die (not likely, but still...) I probably won't get the full story or even the real story.

Not knowing the how or why would be worse than watching it on video for me. The imagination can concoct numerous scenarious that will replay over and over in your head whether you want them to or not.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Watching it depends on the person. My dad couldn't "pull the plug" on my mom - I had the POA, I did it because it was her wish, and I held her hand until the very last breathe was cold. That was all the closure I needed. My sister still is not over it (she passes 16 yrs ago yesterday). She carries pictures and even has one of mom in the casket. For some that would be macabe, for sis, it helps her deal.

100 yrs ago it was common place to take and keep "death photos". Now we find that weird. Yet, I have been to funeral services that were video taped (yes like a wedding - and probably watched just as often).

As far as posting videos such as this on the internet, I'm guessing it's just a sign of the times. As a culture we have become fairly desensitized to death on a video.

Top Bottom