• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bloodman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    in your nightmares
    my cases are not over sized so they do not need to be trimmed, my question is, can I just size prime charge an seat the bullet as is, an not deburr?, BT bullets will be used so I don`t think there will be any problem with the bullet entering the case.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It should be ok, as the sizing die should get rid of anything that would be in the way. I deburr all of mine simply because all of them go through the trimming process, and I do the deburr then.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    If the case is shaving the jackets when you seat the bullets, then yes you need to chamfer. If not, you don't.
    The outside of the case is deburred, which doesn't affect seating and should only be necessary after trimming.

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    Any new brass you might use can afford a quick spin of the chamfer tool on the inside lip. The manufacturing process will sometimes leave a slight burr.

My $0.02

Kevin

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Few factory loads are produced with deburred brass and they aren't seating bullets with magic, so it isn't like you will break anything.

This is assuming you mean debur the case mouth. For rifle ammo I rank the flash hole above the mouth in terms of impact on consistency. Not even Lapua gets those right these days. But both are steps that aid consistency and you have to decide for yourself if they are worth the trouble.

Top Bottom