• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I might be risking being trounced upon again by another constipated member...or two but I have another suggestion.

How about adding a section under the Classifieds area where folks can put stuff up for sale and whatever it sells for is given to INGO.

For example if you have some ammo or mags (or anything really) that you don't or can't use, post it there and then whatever it sells for gets donated to the running of this site. I have a box of .308 Winchester (XT?) that I don't need and would be willing to donate. I probably have some other stuff that I'd be willing to pony up. Every little bit helps right?

I can't see there being be any legal issues for doing this with firearms but I'll leave that to more informed persons than me. IE: By donating the money from a firearms sale to INGO, does this introduce some sort of liability?

Yes, I understand you can do this in the normal sections of the Classifieds, but it might make it more popular to have it's own section. Plus folks might be a little more generous with the price they pay seeing that ALL the money goes to the running of this forum. Of course there is a little bit of a trust factor to have the money actually be given to the site but I hope that wouldn't be too much an issue.

PS: I am not being disrespectful to anyone or anything alive or dead. If you think this is stupid/bad idea, please feel free to keep it to yourself and let the the idea and this thread die.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In my humble opinion...

You don't necessarily need a specific sub-forum for this kind of thing.

A regular "WTS" add plus the words "All proceeds to go to INGO" would suffice.

I like where your head is regarding this, but don't think there's a call to unnecessarily clutter the classifieds.

-J-

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    In my humble opinion...

You don't necessarily need a specific sub-forum for this kind of thing.

A regular "WTS" add plus the words "All proceeds to go to INGO" would suffice.

I like where your head is regarding this, but don't think there's a call to unnecessarily clutter the classifieds.

-J-

Sorry gocolt, while I agree with you on your thought, Indy_Guy_77 has said it perfect with the "All proceeds to go to INGO" in the ad. Why create another WTS Sub category just for that.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Fair enough.

Thanks for at least being civil with your the criticism and not jumping all over the idea.

There are times to be uncivil...

But this is a web forum and this is not that time.

Actually, to my way of thinking, since it's a web forum, there's never a time to be uncivil...

:D

-J-

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I might be risking being trounced upon again by another constipated member...or two but I have another suggestion.

How about adding a section under the Classifieds area where folks can put stuff up for sale and whatever it sells for is given to INGO.

For example if you have some ammo or mags (or anything really) that you don't or can't use, post it there and then whatever it sells for gets donated to the running of this site. I have a box of .308 Winchester (XT?) that I don't need and would be willing to donate. I probably have some other stuff that I'd be willing to pony up. Every little bit helps right?

I can't see there being be any legal issues for doing this with firearms but I'll leave that to more informed persons than me. IE: By donating the money from a firearms sale to INGO, does this introduce some sort of liability?

Yes, I understand you can do this in the normal sections of the Classifieds, but it might make it more popular to have it's own section. Plus folks might be a little more generous with the price they pay seeing that ALL the money goes to the running of this forum. Of course there is a little bit of a trust factor to have the money actually be given to the site but I hope that wouldn't be too much an issue.

PS: I am not being disrespectful to anyone or anything alive or dead. If you think this is stupid/bad idea, please feel free to keep it to yourself and let the the idea and this thread die.

confirmation of monies received by Ingo posted BEFORE shipping goods, might be one way to diminish the need for the "trust factor"

Top Bottom