• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I took a doe with my archery permit. I am gonna take one more doe for Farmers feed the hungry. Question is, can I buy a anterless permit and use it in Archery before buying the extra archery permit?

I want the anterless permit since it could be used in firearms season. I guess I would have to buy the first firearms permit before using my anterless.

Just trying to find the cheapest method to kill a doe so I don't bite into my processing charge fee if I bleed into firearms season.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    you can buy a antlerless permit and use it during archery and no you do not need to buy a firearms liecense 1st

remember you can only take a "slickhead" with a antlerless permit

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    So I can buy a bonus antler-less and hunt during firearms and or muzzleloader seasons as long as I only take an antler-less deer? So all in all 15 bucks Is all I would have to pay? Sorry I had a friend say something about that but I thought he was wrong.

Got this from DNR guide
    "a bonus antlerless license can be used to take one
    antlerless deer from Nov. 24 through Nov.
    27 (last four days of the firearm season)
    or Dec. 3 through Jan. 1 (muzzleloader
    and late archery season)"

Well know I see that is for "A" counties man this is confusing...

Well never mind I can't use one anyways...

Last edited:

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I just read the DNR site. Said in FAQS twice that a firearms permit can only be used to take an Antlered deer. Is that a change? I thought last year you could take either or?

I have no intesntion of taking a buck in any season so I guess next year I just buy a anterless license that can span each season if needed. I wouldn't even need the archery license. It went to use this year but if I didn't get lucky I would still have needed a 24.00 anterless in firarms.

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Your 1st archery license is $24. You can take a buck or doe. An extra archery allows you to take either a buck or doe depending on what you took with your 1st license. If you took a buck, then you can take a doe with it and buy a bonus antlerless permit, if your county allows this, to take another doe. If your county allows you to take more does, each license after that cost $15 for antlerless deer only. Clear as mud right????? I hate the way our licensing is set up.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    LOL....If you are not taking a buck just buy the "bonus tags" - good for any season and with any hunting tool.

$24 for the first and $15 for each one thereafter..

No need to buy a general firearm tag if you are not buck hunting..

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Yeah..i called the deer hotline the other day and talked to them. They said you can just buy the bonus antlerless if you have no desire to take a buck and use it across all seasons until you score. Then buy a second. They said take note..one county marked A can't use the antlerless tag. I think it was Tipton.

Top Bottom