• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    DEER PHOTOS I've mentioned before that at 65 y/o I am going deer hunting for the first time this fall. My son Eric sent me these this morning from his game camera and I wanted to share with you guys.
    Deer21.jpg

V
    Deer22.jpg

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    cbseniour, good luck on your first hunt!
    That is a sweet lookin' first deer, get him!

I just happen to look out my front door not even 15 minutes ago, and standing in the front yard was this little 10 pointer.

He was even kind enough to wait until I got my camera out.
    Now all I wonder is, where his big brother is hiding out?

dsc3106b.jpg

dsc3109i.jpg

dsc3116u.jpg

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Those game cameras are so cool. They give a person a picture to wrap their mind around when daydreaming about the upcoming season. Maybe even helps to keep on stand just a little longer when a coffee or a cold beverage is sounding good.

Great pictures guys.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I miss having access to my grandparents old place. My aunt is deathly afraid of hunters being stupid and won't allow anyone, not even archery. We use to see 6 and 8 pointers in their backyard quite a bit and back in the woods I saw a big 10 pointer, lots of big does, and lots of lil ones. It was just about 8 acres of woods with a little swampy on one corner. The side was a field (corn and beans, not very good rotation, behind it was a fairly large field that was either all beans or corn depending on the year. Lots of food, water, lots of fairly dense brush, and very little human traffic in the woods.

The last time I got to go out there to hunt I decided to stalk hunt and would work the woods for a little bit and find a bit of cover and relax. A couple hours in I decided to eat an apple I brought in with me and sit up against a tree. I woke up to a doe snorting a little as she was licking my boots. Sat perfectly still watching her and her twins...probably my favorite day in the woods and I didn't even take a shot.

Top Bottom