• wrgould3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2022
    Camby
    Alrightyroo.

I have become increasingly frustrated and disillusioned with how concealed carry defensive shooters are treated by law enforcement, DAs, and then ultimately the civil courts.

Even the best "good guy" shooters seem to have to navigate legal and social landmines after "good shoots."

Has anyone taken, or heard of classes that specifically train how to make the best decisions in the critical moments of shoot/don't shoot scenarios?

Wanting to avoid the greyer areas of possible scenarios Im wondering if there are orgs tha run through a handful of the most likely scenarios and how to make good decisions.

thanks for your thoughts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1) Speaking from experience, it's actually pretty 'safe' in Indiana to have a reasonably good shoot. Other states may vary, but the notion it's an automatic arrest, trial, and civil suit is entirely off base. That's not to say that any given shoot couldn't be the next political emergency, but it's far from the norm.

2) Massad Ayoob teaches an excellent course designed around this very concept. MAG-40 is the full course, including live fire. He invited me to audit the course once and I found it to be excellent. We had arrived at many of the same conclusions independently, and while Mas doesn't need me to vouch for him I think it emphasizes the universal application of his course regardless of state or political atmosphere. I also picked up a few things I hadn't thought of despite being in this arena professionally for quite awhile now.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    BBI summed it up. Pretty much. I’ll also ad Indiana is more gun friendly than even Texas .you can not be sued as long as you were justified. Not the case in other states.

And Mas Ayoob is probably one of the most recognized trainers in the does and don’t of self defense. That would be well worth anyone’s time and money.

Top Bottom