• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyRae

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Joe Williams, my husband, and I had a private training with Coach this morning/afternoon. Coach proved to be a great instructor. He went over all the basic of defending yourself with a pistol. He took time with each of to point out the good areas of our shooting session. He also gave us tips for the areas that we need to improve upon. I really enjoyed the different drills and stages that he set up for us. I was extremely nervous at the beginning of the shooting part of the class but I quickly got over that and relaxed and took in all the information that Coach gave. I am also more confident with clearing jams in my gun.

After the training class, I feel more comfortable using my Bersa .380 to defend myself and my family. Joe said that he was also pleased with the performance of his Ruger P95.

Joe and I are going to continue refining our new techniques and are going to start implementing them into our practice sessions.

+1 to Coach

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It was a very good class. Coach is an excellent teacher, and the need for recurring training is proved by the fact that even an old dog like me can learn new and useful tricks!

Cathy learned lots more than just how to clear jams, though I think it's important to note that all the jams she had to clear were deliberately induced. Otherwise, her little gun performed flawlessly over the course of quite a few rounds, and I've got a lot more confidence in her choice of carry weapon. It's been a great little gun, she shoots it very well indeed, she likes it, she actually carries it everywhere, it's just a good match for her. This was her first formal training doing much of anything other than banging at targets (which she's quite good at,) and it was intimidating for her, hence our choice of a private class. Her draw stroke is drastically improved, reloads are better her gun handling in general is better, and she's much more comfortable and confident in the defensive use of her handgun. Coach did an excellent job of boosting her confidence, while still being able to provide necessary criticism and teach her. Made the class a lot of fun for her, and provided some very useful building blocks to continue practicing.

I was also happy with the performance of my Ruger. In my hands it's an accurate, reliable, easy to shoot gun. It continues to provide flawless performance for me. For Sean, not so much. It just won't run for him. Gave him a chance to empty the magazines I had loaded at the end of the day, and for whatever reason the gun simply won't work for him :( I thought he must have been limp wristing it, but when I tried the thumb and forefinger method of working to show him why he needed to maintain a firm grip with this gun, the darned thing worked just fine LOL.

Sean was designated photographer, but he seriously slacked! I was hoping for some decent pictures of the day, but you just get a couple. My phone takes decent pictures, Cathy's not so much.

ACTClass9-18-101.jpg

ACTClass9-18-102.jpg

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Cathy and Joe thanks for the kind words and the plug. Anyone interested we having opening Oct 2 and 3 in Warsaw for these classes.

hschmidt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DP201 - October 3

Hi there

glad you had a good time with the 101.. I just did the 201 with Coach and John and it was even better..

Building on the things learned in the 101 - the 201 assumes you got the basics - so there is much more movement, different positions - and - much more shooting and fun..

Great Job Aron and John

thanks
    Henrik

Top Bottom