• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guardian FA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    I have a shotgun class scheduled for Saturday November 5, 2011 from 9am-5pm.

If you have ever wanted to receive training on the versatile shotgun and its use, come on out to Greencastle and spend a day running this firearm thru drills and skills. I have been training students for my department and at the Indiana Law Enforecemnt Academy for fifteen years. All training hours are LETB approved.

Contact me with any questions or needs you may have. Class info can be found below.

"See you on the range",
    Jerrod Baugh
    http://www.guardianfa.com/

Class Info:
    This class is for those who have purchased a shotgun, want to know how it works, and how to deploy it for personal protection. We will focus on the use, characteristics, and reloading of this fantastic firearm for personal defense.

Issues discussed and shooting activities:

Firearms Safety including home storage
    Legal issues related to the use of the firearm
    Safe use of the firearm in personal protection
    Malfunction clearing
    Ammunition maintenance for the shotgun
    Shot placement on the human body for maximum effectiveness
    Shooting positions with cover
    Search techniques for your residence
    Shotgun ammunition characteristics and choice

Bring your own pump action or semi-auto shotgun; belt pouch to load ammo from, sling, cleaning kit, great attitude and 100 rounds bird shot, 25 slugs, 25 buckshot, all factory ammo, reduced recoil is ok for class.

Tuition Cost $100

Guardian FA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    Got the question answered, see you in class.
    THANKS RHINO, you were right! You rock, as always...

Registration forms may be found at:
    http://www.guardianfa.com/Application.pdf

Any shotgun may be used, ie. Saiga, Coach Gun, etc.
    If you have it for self-defense, bring it out.

Another question was about ammo. Bring any current manufacture you would like. Now is a good time to find the shelves full of slug ammo, that you may not be able to get the rest of the year.

"See you on the range",
    Jerrod Baugh

purduepurdy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Review of Guardian Firearms Academy - Shotgun Defense

In a nutshell the class was very informative and I left with a better understanding of my firearm, a Saiga 12, and regular autoloaders and pump action shotguns. The class was a little smaller then I predicted, but I think that makes for some of the best training. I recieved quality one-on-one training from Captain Baugh, and I will be watching his schedule for his carbine and pistol classes. (actually want to run the shotgun course again with a pump to build those skills as well!)

When we got there we had a quick yet thorough safety check, but we spent most of our times with a firearm in our hands. I have had other training and felt that the classroom time was a little drawn out. What I did like about his training method is the "learn and adjust" mentality. Some instructors have the mentality of "its done this way or there's the highway" and Baugh did not teach that. Everyone is built differently and he offered up advise to improve and speed up our gun handling. If that wasn't working he offered up more tactics and other ideas to get us running our firearms effectively and comfortably. We also spent some time discussing Indiana laws pertaining to self defense and other topics.

Never at any time did I feel we were being unsafe, and I think anyone learning that day how to begin shooting would have been right at home. I know some people can be timid around their first firearm and/or a new, unfamilair firearm to them and Baugh definitely has the training technique to overcome those fears.

We did use a little more ammo then he suggested, but if that is the worst thing that can happen at training then it was a very good day. The day began shooting single rounds and learning proper stance, etc, and by the end of the day we working through some stress schenarios where we would have to use cover, move, and adjust for the ammo we needed at the time. Like I said I will be looking for more training with Captain Baugh. My :twocents:.

Pointers if attending:
    Take some bandaids - my S12 has some sharp edges and I had one minor "self correcting error." Minor cut from racking the bolt improperly. Captain Baugh and I talked through the error and we all learned something. Also good for blisters, etc, not many people handle a gun for 8 hours in a day.

Take a little extra ammo - as discussed. More ammo = more training = better day in my book!

Bring a sling if at all possible - holding a firearm for 8 hours can wear on you. Its great for down time and verbal instruction on the range.

Top Bottom