• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Just completed and shot my build from a complete Del-Ton kit. Everything functioned as I expected. My first AR...What a blast!!!

One thing I noticed was that the trigger is very gritty. I'd like to hear from others who have used these LPKs and if they stuck with the trigger from the kit and what the end results were, or did you drop the coin to get a better trigger?

All in all, I'm happy with the gun, I had no idea how much fun these things are!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My Del-Ton trigger was actually really good right out of the box. I did do a little trigger job on it to polish the contact points on the hammer and the bottom of the sear.

That made for a much crisper break.

Here is a link to a 15 minute DIY trigger job.

15 Minute Practical Trigger Job for the AR-15

Instead of cutting the springs on mine, I actually installed some lighter springs from Midway USA, and then just polished as described in step 2.

I used a dremmel with a polishing wheel to add even more of a mirror finish on mine. Just be careful you aren't removing material, just polishing. Don't press too hard!

2. Polish the sear surfaces. With the Hammer in the up, or fired position, place a dab of
    polishing compound on the Hammer sear surface. To prevent the hammer from striking the receiver and possibly breaking the bolt stop, place a strip of leather, rubber or plastic in front of the hammer. Cock the Hammer and pull the Trigger. Repeat this 10 times. Put another dab of compound on the Hammer’s sear surface, and cock and fire 10 more times.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I've built up three Del-Ton rifles and all had good triggers. Try blasting the lower with Gun Scrubber and then use a quality synthetic oil. It will wash out any powder residue and/or grit and help the trigger pull. Sending many rounds downrange or dry-firing is another way is to smooth out in the trigger.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I've built up three Del-Ton rifles and all had good triggers. Try blasting the lower with Gun Scrubber and then use a quality synthetic oil. It will wash out any powder residue and/or grit and help the trigger pull. Sending many rounds downrange or dry-firing is another way is to smooth out in the trigger.

Funny you say all this, I hadn't cleaned it yet and did so last night. I used Action Blaster (no Gun Scrubber) and oiled it. Already a noticeable difference.

I'll keep shooting and see what happens. Either way, if anyone is apprehensive about the Del-Ton kits, don't be. Only have about 200 rounds through it so far, but zero problems with mine.

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    I have seen the Del-Ton system, my wife's son purchased the upper and lower and put it together in about 3 hours. I've been told that they are a good starter into AR-15's.
    Looking to get my first AR. Is there anything in the Del-Ton that I should be aware of?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Is there anything in the Del-Ton that I should be aware of?

The LPKs are pretty standard and I've never had a problem assembling a rifle. The trickiest part for me is installing the roll pin for the trigger guard.

The barrels are turned in-house from Mossberg blanks. They have great customer service. If something does not look right, contact them and they will make it right.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Mine went together in about an hour without a hitch using no special tools. I did buy a castle nut spanner at the next gun show to do a proper tightening of the stock. But nothing you need to be aware of.

Top Bottom