• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    Guy behind the counter told me ATF...he was mistaken. Sorry for the mix up. The gun purchased was just a plain jane keltec pf9 for my vehicle. I have already had the UPIN application sent to my house. I was just a little frustrated that I haven't had to wait before and now I had too. Even though it was a cheap gun that wasn't going to see much action I still wanted my gun. Or toy if you ask my wife.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Guy behind the counter told me ATF...he was mistaken. Sorry for the mix up. The gun purchased was just a plain jane keltec pf9 for my vehicle. I have already had the UPIN application sent to my house. I was just a little frustrated that I haven't had to wait before and now I had too. Even though it was a cheap gun that wasn't going to see much action I still wanted my gun. Or toy if you ask my wife.

did you leave a # for the shop to call you when the NICS calls back?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I guess. I was told that when they run your information it goes through the ATF and they are the ones who decides if you are denied, approved, or put on a delay. So I got the number to the ATF and no one was allowed...or just wouldn't give me a reason why. But they said i could appeal if I get denied...wtf
    The NICS is the call that was made. If delayed it is a 3 business day hold. So Wednesday, Thursday, Friday is your hold days if bought on Tuesday. Should be able to pick up on Saturday. It is what it is, there is no rhyme nor reason. Your LTCH has no bearing on what NICS is seeing or doing.
    Maybe if the gun is used it is listed as stolen or your name is the same as someone involved in a crime with the same name. Or you bought too many guns lately. Like someone else said could be 100's of reasons. Unless you have something to worry about I would just try to not let it get to you. In the mean time it gives you more time to stock up on ammo for it:ar15:
    Gun information is NOT given to the NICS center when the call is made. All they know is if it is a handgun, long gun or other (receiver).

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have had it happen to me before , I was picking up a suppressor and decided to get a few lowers , put me on hold for all of them. I dont know what ryme or reason but its the Gubment

zx6rman96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    hopefully u got a good deal on it, i woulda just went down to bradis if you are close and got it there....very fair prices, and you prob coulda walked out with it. oh well. i've yet to buy a firearm online

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    hopefully u got a good deal on it, i woulda just went down to bradis if you are close and got it there....very fair prices, and you prob coulda walked out with it. oh well. i've yet to buy a firearm online

if he was delayed it wouldn't mater where he got it shop wise unless he got it FTF.....

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    If he got it FTF, there wouldn't be a 4473 involved anyhow. (Unless the seller wanted an actual transfer done or something)...

yes i know this.....i mean't any shop he went to he might have been delayed....FTF he wouldn't have.... ...i guess i worded it wrong.....

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    yes i know this.....i mean't any shop he went to he might have been delayed....FTF he wouldn't have.... ...i guess i worded it wrong.....

Ah, I get it now. Yeah, I wondered why you thought he'd need to be in a shop doing a 4473 if he got it FTF. That's why I threw in the "unless the seller wanted it transferred" part.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have been delayed a few times. Most times they will call back within a hour or so and approve it. I would just hang around the gun shop for a while. Then it was easy for me to do that, they was all friends of mine....LOL

A lot of times they are just busy and delay you until they get to your app.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana

Well, I bid on it on a whim for something for my wife to use. The bid was so low I didn't think I would get it...but I did!

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I sell guns for a living and I have been delayed ..
    Honestly I think the FBI computer just kicks one out at random for a delay .
    Nothing to worry about , PITA yes , but nothing to get pissed over :ingo:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    There are a number of reasons it can happen. Having a LTCH really has nothing to do with it. Sure it is a PITA, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it starts happening more often you can get a UPIN that will take care of it in the future. I have seen some people get delayed every purchase and others every two or three purchases:dunno: I have also seen police officers get delayed before.

I have NFA firearms and have been buying guns for decades. In the last couple of years I've been getting delayed every other gun purchase. The last 3 have gone without a hitch but then I've been delayed 3 times in a row too. I just never know. However, almost every time the next day NICS calls back and gives me a proceed. So I've never had to wait the 3 days.

Top Bottom