• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Demint seems to be a good guy. He has the other Republican Senators all in a dither because he has been supporting more conservative candidates in the primaries over the official establishment designee. He has even been raising money for them separate from the Republican Senatorial fund (which takes money from them, never a popular thing to do). Parties have come and gone before. If the GOP dies, another party will take its place. I am still not convinced that a majority of the party has actually learned the lessons of the last few years and the rise of the tea parties and that includes the Party Chairman. I think Mr. Steel continues to mouth the words and just stroke us a bit.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    My opinion on this subject is very close to Sen. DeMints.

The GOP has been straying from their values for a long time, and IMHO, the independants and "libertarians" are finally realizing that it is best to infiltrate and reorganize the GOP than it is to push 3rd party candidates. Which, again IMHO is the right course of action.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I agree if they scew it up this time the won't get another chance for a long time. '94 was such a watershed event. The Reps had not held Congess for over 40 years and the contract with America was just what people were looking for. Then they ot in power and just spent like crazy. That and the wars got them booted. Just like the tripling of the debt is going to get the Dems booted. I just don't want to see a repeat of the '92 elections where Ross Perot split the Reps and Clinton won. The whole Tea Party thing has that capability. I do feel like the old guard of the gop is not happy about their loss of power with all the tea party people upsetting their fav's in the primaries. I guess we will see if it works out. It is also dangerous for 2012 if theReps hold Congress for Oblama to stay in power a la Clinton in'96. I hope it's a cleen sweep i Nov and then again in 2012!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    What a lot of people don't seem to realize, or the news media doesn't want you to know, is that the Tea Party is part of the republican party. They are trying to get the republican party back to what it was before these career politicians got into power.

Top Bottom