Democrats Trying To Change Primary Schedule For 2024…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not sure how those changes are turning their backs on rural America. South Carolina isn't an urban state.

What it does do is put a solid Biden state at the very beginning, but I don't know what difference that really makes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not sure how those changes are turning their backs on rural America. South Carolina isn't an urban state.

What it does do is put a solid Biden state at the very beginning, but I don't know what difference that really makes.
    First off this seems unlikely to really happen to me, lots of state laws must change to facilitate it. Then I have mixed feelings about this as this has long put mega agriculture (think ADM) in a stronger position than they should have because anyone with presidential hopes must bow down to them. On the flip side it keeps more rural representation at the table as the primary begins as opposed to larger cities. (Agree SC isn’t an urban state but it is coastal, not flyover.)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    First off this seems unlikely to really happen to me, lots of state laws must change to facilitate it. Then I have mixed feelings about this as this has long put mega agriculture (think ADM) in a stronger position than they should have because anyone with presidential hopes must bow down to them. On the flip side it keeps more rural representation at the table as the primary begins as opposed to larger cities. (Agree SC isn’t an urban state but it is coastal, not flyover.)
    Yeah, but Southeast coast is not the same as Northeast coast. Honestly, all Iowa has really done recently is weed out some candidates that probably never should have been in the race. Super Tuesday was the key.

Plus it is for the D primaries, so
    wo colin cowherd GIF (GIF Image)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    First off this seems unlikely to really happen to me, lots of state laws must change to facilitate it.
    I was under the impression it was fait accompli. Interestingly enough, it looks like there could be a whole lotta political jostling among both parties and several states. It's always fun to watch the pols eat one another. But in the end I don't see these changes as being meaningful for any one candidate. It could disrupt the candidate money flow though.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    A friend used to have a cat, who would not eat his food unless you shook the dish first. The cat didn't like "old" food that had been left out. They catered to the cat, and would put down fresh food each time. Until eventually, they figured out the cat wasn't paying super close attention, and they could just reach down and "shake" the food dish around a little bit, and it was enough to fool the cat into thinking he got fresh food.

Putting SC first in the Democrat Primary is "shaking the dish" for black-identity voters. This isn't about rural vs urban. It's skin color demography. New Hampshire and Iowa are White. Having them go first gives white people "disproportionate influence in The Process." Which is apparently the worst thing a democrat can be accused of.

There will be no contested Democrat Prez Primary next year. So there's nothing going on here, except Democrats actively searching every couch cushion and ash tray for some perceived identity-crumb they can toss to black voters. Sixteen stacks of Post-It notes later, rearranging their primary schedule is what the brainstorming team came up with.

And if you've been watching the national evening news recently, some "vote counters" were positively delighted by it! It's the political equivalent of a Beyonce Grammy Award. It cost the dems nothing to do, but some ignorant voters came away with the impression they are being catered-to, given something new, and Having Their Interests "Centered," to borrow a word from the Woke Thesaurus.

Manhattan was purchased for trinkets, folks. They don't actually want anything new. They just want they butts kissed a little bit.

I would call that playing the Modern America game pretty effectively.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom