• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What law did they enforce? The States cannot enforce Federal law.
    He answered that, the Feds decline to enforce existing federal law on immigration. That is why Texas had to pass it's own law on handling illegal immigration and enforce that. They are not trying to enforce federal law

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What law did they enforce? The States cannot enforce Federal law.
    :facepalm:

I said red states should nullify unconstitutional administration actions. What Texas has done is nullify the Biden administration’s policy to leave the borders open. Some states have said they would not help feds confiscate guns, and would arrest federal agents that tried. Remains to be seen that they actually would, but Texas followed through with overriding federal authority at the border.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    :facepalm:

I said red states should nullify unconstitutional administration actions. What Texas has done is nullify the Biden administration’s policy to leave the borders open. Some states have said they would not help feds confiscate guns, and would arrest federal agents that tried. Remains to be seen that they actually would, but Texas followed through with overriding federal authority at the border.
    They haven't nullified anything. I hope you don't truly think they did.

Nothing in your statement is "ignoring an illegal EO", but I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They haven't nullified anything. I hope you don't truly think they did.

Nothing in your statement is "ignoring an illegal EO", but I'm not going to argue about it anymore.
    I don’t say it’s an official EO. But someone ordered DHS to tell border agents to open the border. And how did Texas and several states’ react?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don’t say it’s an official EO. But someone ordered DHS to tell border agents to open the border. And how did Texas and several states’ react?
    Did they actually stop the flow of illegals? Have they even put a dent in it?

Their bussing them has been more effective, and that is only a small fraction of the number.

I think it is surprising that the illegals don't all just to to the border crossings. It seems that the Feds just take names and let them go on their way anyway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did they actually stop the flow of illegals? Have they even put a dent in it?

Their bussing them has been more effective, and that is only a small fraction of the number.

I think it is surprising that the illegals don't all just to to the border crossings. It seems that the Feds just take names and let them go on their way anyway.
    In Texas they did. At least for a time. People posted articles on INGO saying that border crossings there had dramatically decreased. But they just moved to another part of the boarder. NM, AZ and CA aren't doing it.

If the other states did the same thing, it would dramatically end the wide open flow of illegals.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In Texas they did. At least for a time. People posted articles on INGO saying that border crossings there had dramatically decreased. But they just moved to another part of the boarder. NM, AZ and CA aren't doing it.
    I am hopeful that at least in AZ, and just maybe in NM, a flood of illegals will help clarify voters minds in those states in the run-up to November 5th

California is, of course, pretty much hopeless. We need to stop them from using their market size to try to set standards for consumer products but allow them to wallow in their own mistakes until sanity returns (or the state is completely covered in windmills and solar panels)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meh. I’ll take the chances with the odd pushy Chaplin vs the guaranteed indoctrination of the spirits of the age that are running our public (and most private) schools now.
    Neither is an option. :dunno: Are you saying that having the Chaplin in schools will stop the woke indoctrination? How? What authority would he have to do anything about it other than maybe sharing the mic.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Neither is an option. :dunno: Are you saying that having the Chaplin in schools will stop the woke indoctrination? How? What authority would he have to do anything about it other than maybe sharing the mic.
    the latter is a certainty. It’s been happening on an accelerating pace for at least 2generations.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    the latter is a certainty. It’s been happening on an accelerating pace for at least 2generations.
    While conservatives were busy pursuing the American dream for the past 50 years, progressives in ivory towers were creating an insidious ideology to capture Americans and destroy the ideals of individual liberty, and it started with teaching the teachers how to change America. Putting clergy in schools isn't going to fix that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    While conservatives were busy pursuing the American dream for the past 50 years, progressives in ivory towers were creating an insidious ideology to capture Americans and destroy the ideals of individual liberty, and it started with teaching the teachers how to change America. Putting clergy in schools isn't going to fix that.
    Not by itself. It won’t hurt much either.

Top Bottom