• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    I just wanted to say thank you to Joe Tyson and his training yesterday for the intro to IDPA class he held at ACC. This was the first time doing any dynamic drills and really got me excited to give a competition or qualifier a try.

Since we got dumped on with rain (and some lightening) we were able to stay under cover and work on draw and grip. I got some great pointers and found out that I was holding the gun wrong with my weak hand. What a difference a variation on grip made with my shooting!

I have to admit I was a bit intimidated at first but really ended up learning a lot and I didnt do as bad as I thought I might have. :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congratulations and Bravo to you for stepping out and doing something many people/gun owners do not. Everybody that shoots has had a 'First Match' and actually stepping up and attending the first match is often the hardest thing a shooter will do. I feel attending the 2nd match is THE hardest especially if the first match didn't go quite as well as a person would have liked. I know of several 'gun guys' that were lots of talk until they hit their first match...haven't seen them in years.

Shooting in any sort of competition can be both humbling and inspiring. Getting out and actually doing something like that gives you an honest sense of the skills you need to work on when you use them under stress...and they aren't quite as sharp as they need to be.

Keep it up and give us a report when you get your first match under your belt.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom