• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    My dad has a reloader at home ( Lee or RCBS ) and I need to order the dies to reload 223. So what do I need to do this? Below is what i think but not sure.

1. full length sizer
    2. crimp die
    3. shell holder
    4. ??????

What am I missing

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    My dad has a reloader at home ( Lee or RCBS ) and I need to order the dies to reload 223. So what do I need to do this? Below is what i think but not sure.

1. full length sizer
    2. crimp die
    3. shell holder
    4. ??????

What am I missing

Have you ever reloaded before?

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Its been about 5 years since I reloaded and when I did it was 22-250. The military like to buy pallets of Black Hills LOL. I am going be a good ol Indiana civilian in 6 months so I need to get my things together and re teach myself.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I have the Lee 3 die set. It would be perfect except that it does not like Sierra bullets specifically MatchKings. The bullet seating die will put a ring around the nose that is deep enough to catch a fingernail. I use my Lyman die for seating Sierras and Lee for everything else.

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    Its been about 5 years since I reloaded and when I did it was 22-250. The military like to buy pallets of Black Hills LOL. I am going be a good ol Indiana civilian in 6 months so I need to get my things together and re teach myself.

Good to have you back, thanks for your service! Let me know if you need advice, my door is always open to service men and women who have sacrificed to protect our great country!

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.

1. full length sizer
    2. crimp die
    3. shell holder
    4. ??????

What am I missing
    Seatingr die also does crimping or you can get a seperate one like the FCD. The shell holder is included with Lee dies except the RGB sets. You will probably need a trimmer and champher tool too.

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    When you figured out what dies you need you should make sure you have some quality case lube. You dont want any stuck cases because they are a pain to get out. Imperial case wax works well for me and many others.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom