• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • triharley

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    St. Anthony, IN
    Ok, I have been away for almost a year while I was building my house and am all moved in and about to start on my gun room. I am 5'9 and would like to know those who use dillons that are about this height, what height your bench is. Thanks in advance

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Check out Brian Enos' site. He says the handle of your press should be shoulder height. I thought that was too high because I had loaded on a RL550 for years that wasn't near that high. When I purchased my XL650 I sat it up as he suggested and it makes a world of difference. So much I went back and ordered a strong mount for my 550 too in order to get it higher.

My work bench is 36" tall but the hight of your loader's handle is probably more important. I also use an adjustable stool with mine.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Check out Brian Enos' site. He says the handle of your press should be shoulder height. I thought that was too high because I had loaded on a RL550 for years that wasn't near that high. When I purchased my XL650 I sat it up as he suggested and it makes a world of difference. So much I went back and ordered a strong mount for my 550 too in order to get it higher.

My work bench is 36" tall but the hight of your loader's handle is probably more important. I also use an adjustable stool with mine.

^^^^ THIS^^^^

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Are you using a strong mount? I would think the best way to tell is by getting your machine and putting it on different surfaces around your house. Find out which surface height is most comfortable that way. At least it'll get you in the right range.

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I use a dillon 550 with a strong mount. My bench is 32 inches high, sitting in my chair, the handle is shoulder high. My SDB is set up the same way, strong mount, I even configured the SDB with a 550 aluminum roller handle.

Top Bottom