• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I hear from thetruthaboutguns.com that American Guns on Discovery has been cancelled in light of the recent tragedy. It was also alluded that Sons of Guns (yeah I know a lot of people thing of it as sons of derp) was no longer listed on the roster of shows on the press site. Even if you don't like these particular shows, allowing them to be cancelled in knee jerk fashion shows me that being PC is more important to them at present. Does anyone know how best to reach out to Discovery and tell them that we support 2A related shows? Even if you think these shows are less than stellar, to let a vocal minority derail the progress that these shows have made in "mainstreaming" the Second Amendment and showing guns/owning guns do not a criminal make would be a shame.

Who have you written, called, or donated to today to show your support to the Second Amendment?

micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I agree, my question is why would they cancel a show just because it shows a gun shop when they have all these other very violent shows on tv? what about video games? These seem a lot worse to me than a tv show about a family owned gun shop??

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Someone else posted a thread about this.. my wife thinks it likely has more to do with Kurt leaving to go to engraving school and politics, though the timing was poor.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Have you ever seen the show? Getting rid of it is the best thing they could do. They are using the tragedy in CT as a convenient excuse.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Yeah I've seen it. I watched it when nothing better was on. I am not by any means saying it was the most rockinest megasuperfantastic show ever. Just sad to see that the tragedy is being used as an excuse to knee jerk. Heck even cheaper than dirt halted online sales of firearms.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I liked the show, as I have said before. My wife enjoys it also. I am a believer that ANY show that illustrates that there are legitimate uses for firearms and that brings some knowledge into living rooms across the nation, has to have some good effect. I am sure that there are people that have decided to purchase and use firearms for sporting and self defense purposes due to these shows. I also realize that some of the "Drama" and firework displays are there to give the average non gun loving person interest in the show. I ignore much of this material - but do find much of the show interesting. I for one certainly hate to see shows featuring firearms stop airing, regardless of the interest to me.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Because it gets people who may have been hesitant to go out to the range, visit a gun shop, or take a course.

This is part of the problem that's gotten us here. Thinking we need to recruit every douche bag and psycho to the gun community just to fill a seat with a sack of meat to pump up numbers. Unfortunately the hunting community has been doing the same thing for several years now.

So what do you wind up with after a few years of that...?

Screw them. If that kind of crap is what it takes to get some one interested in guns, hunting and the outdoors I hope I never meet them. They aren't my friend and I don't want them involved with anything I care about and I sure as heck don't NEED THEM FOR ANYTHING.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Didnt read all the posts..... but discovery has a show showing in detail ILLEGAL moonshining............................................................................................................................... and they cancel a show with legal activities going on..... WTF?

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My wife and I had a heated discussion a while back regarding my watching of all of my 'gun shows' with my 3 year old daughter around. Fortunately, I get all the good stuff (Guns N Ammo, etc) on cable.

My response was that I found it funny that all of my 'gun shows' show guns being used responsibly and the only things being shot were inanimate targets.

She puts on Grey's Anatomy and doctors and patients (actual PEOPLE) are getting shot up all the time.

Obama's favorite show is Homeland.

We are screwed.

Top Bottom