• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night I stopped by a sorta local gun store I'd never been to before and on the shelf were two rifles with different coatings on them that I'd never seen before online. One was an M1A scout and the other was a full size M1A, and both had a factory paint to them that I thought looked sharp. I'm just wondering about what else I'm missing when looking around and I haven't noticed before. Last night I had a weak moment holding that M1A scout as the one I used to have is on the "regret selling" list.

Is there a place where dealer/distributor exclusives are listed, or one place online that has everything out there.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Last night I stopped by a sorta local gun store I'd never been to before and on the shelf were two rifles with different coatings on them that I'd never seen before online. One was an M1A scout and the other was a full size M1A, and both had a factory paint to them that I thought looked sharp. I'm just wondering about what else I'm missing when looking around and I haven't noticed before. Last night I had a weak moment holding that M1A scout as the one I used to have is on the "regret selling" list.

Is there a place where dealer/distributor exclusives are listed, or one place online that has everything out there.
    Some brands list them on their websites, Ruger and Bergara are two that I know of, and I would imagine the distributors do as well. I'm not aware of any website that lists them across multiple brands and distributors.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Talo and Davidsons both do limited runs of firearms which get sent to distributors. I just ordered a black laminate stocked CZ-457 Scout that was only available through Sportsmans Warehouse.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Browning has browning gold dealers. They get the special runs of items. Sell x amount of brownings a year become a gold member and then you can order special run items.

US repeating arms (Winchester) CZ and SIG have all made dealer exclusive items in the past available after placing a certain amount of orders on regular stock items. Lots of these never see a store front. They stay with the corporations in the personal collections of the people in those corporations.

I have seen the same serial number on special runs from year to year owned by the same individual many times. They either worked at the factory or a distributor.

Talo and Davidson's get limited editions Made to their specs often. Some are more limited than others. I have seen a few limited to say 250 rifles or pistols. Most manufacturers want a minimum of 1000 items for a special run.

Big box stores of old used to do this also. AWF Marlin 39a was a Walmart exclusive. Sears would rebrand common manufacturing guns into "Ted Williams" versions but these were basically just stamped differently or had a different wood stock than normal. Montgomery wards, western auto, sears kmart Walmart all have had exclusives at one time or another in the past.

Often these are allocated items. Talo and davidsons for sure do this. Any gun store can order them but say they made 500 the highest overall volume stores get first Dibs on getting them. Then the smaller volume stores get a chance if they have any remaining.

As far as a single websight that would list these all. Not that I have ever seen.

Top Bottom