• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just contemplating building an AR upper in 350 legend and not sure if I want to spend money on another caliber. Having built one upper the tools are in my possession. What advantages would it give me, if any, over what I already have? My current staple includes a T/C Hawken in .50 that was bought many moons ago, a T/C Encore 209 x 50, Ruger 77/44, Marlin 1894 44 mag, and Marlin 1894 .45 Colt. I hand load for the last three. Of course a 12 gauge 870 is included which has taken my largest deer but oh, the recoil. There are also a couple of flintlocks. A swamped barrel .45 and .62 fowler that I use mostly for fun. Thinkin' if I were just getting into it the 350 may be a good choice but what advantage could it give me with the current choices? A few more extra yards? No need to immediatetly clean? Talk me into it....or not.
    Nothing would be my answer. If you NEED a fast follow up shot, you made a poor choice. Should have spent the money of 44's for practice. If you don't need the practice with the 44, you don't NEED the 350.

movevio1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2022
    Southeast Indiana
    My go to deer gun is an 11-87 with a hasting cantilevered slug barrel and hornady SST slugs. Recoil is very manageable Crazy accurate and drops them flat if you do your job.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Saw a Ruger American bolt action in 350 Legend at USDS the other day, that thing has gotta be a hoot to shoot with a can.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The .350 Legend was created just for the states that don't allow bottleneck cartridges (like Indiana) The idea was to take the brass for the .223/5.56 and neck up to .350, so it's a straight wall cartridge, but using common brass, and still using the bolt from a standard AR, with a .350 upper...If could afford one, I'd love to have a .350 legend rifle...

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    you might as well I did a bear creek for son does not take much to make it run in a ar my trouble was hanging up in mag little half moon cut took care of that I also have one 3 shots 3 deer down 2 piled up right there other went 20 yards with lots of blood would have been eaisy to find but it was still in sight wnen went downI used soft point 180 grain out of 16 inch ar

Top Bottom