• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Just wondering how many people have a back up realease for bow season. If you do, do you take it to the tree stand with you? Obvious to why you would but if you don't why not?

I don't have one because I never even thought about it till recently. I will be getting one soon just incase.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Absolutely...you never know when an oopsie will occur. Drop it for whatever reason, strap tear, trigger break, squirrel steals it. Doesn't matter, I have carried a second release in my bag since I was prolly 12 yrs old...I dropped the one I had getting ready for a shot (it was the old hammer style release)....I was screwed then.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Yep, been in my bag for years.

I never thought of it until one day when I got to where I hunt and realized it wasn't there. I'd been out shooting that morning and it must have fallen out of my soft case as I was carrying it in the house. Luckily my father only lives a few minutes from where I hunt so I went and stole his for the night.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I have an old Tru-Ball glove-type release that is no longer made. I love it to death, and can't see hunting with anything but it. I don't carry a backup because I probably wouldn't like it anyway. LOL!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    You better have a back up that you trust because if your primary release has neck surgery and you don't think you back up release is up to the task you may waste a lot of time and money...

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Yep I take a spare, mine's not a strap type so it would be far too easy to drop it.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    I have a second one, whether I take it depends on how I'm hunting that day/weather. If im stalk hunting then I take minimal stuff. Hunting from a blind or stand then yeah.

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    I now have a back up, but only because I bought a different style release when I bought my new bow. I don't carry it with me, but stays with some tools and other bow stuff in the truck. I keep close tabs on my release though, wouldn't want to lose it on the way to the stand.

Top Bottom