Do You Have To Kill Someone To Get The Death Penalty?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    One thing to think about if recreational drugs were legalized and the war on drugs ended tomorrow, would she be breaking the law? It isn't against the law for a woman to smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol while pregnant because these things are currently lawful.

Would it be proper to legalize marijuana, cocaine, meth and heroin but make it unlawful to use them while pregnant? It would be difficult to enforce given the general public's willingness to believe the "I thought I just needed to take a huge **** but ended up giving birth in my bathroom, I never knew I was pregnant" stories.

I know it's cliche to "think of the children" but it's difficult not to in this instance.

*****NOT ARGUING IN FAVOR OF OR AGAINST THE LEGALIZATION OF ANY AND ALL SUBSTANCES ONE COULD PUT INTO THEIR BODY, JUST INJECTING A THOUGHT INTO THE DISCUSSION*****

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    You pose an interesting point phylo. I would say that all those behaviors are equally irresponsible, though not necessarily equally detrimental. For fear of starting a giant war, I'd rather leave it up to the reader to determine for themselves which substances pose the most danger to a developing fetus.

As for the woman in the OP, there is not a face or a palm big enough.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    One thing to think about if recreational drugs were legalized and the war on drugs ended tomorrow, would she be breaking the law? It isn't against the law for a woman to smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol while pregnant because these things are currently lawful.

Well as long as it only hurts her. Just look at what is happening with 2nd hand smoke laws? The laws are already protecting or starting to those that did not make the choice.

Good question phylodog....

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I think there is a big disconnect when people put forth the "legalize drugs" argument. In my opinion, what is mostly being discussed is the decriminalization of a few recreational drugs (i.e. marijuana). They're not talking about making all drugs completely legal for recreational use.

Of course, having them be illegal hasn't been successful in stopping this from happening already and I doubt that a change in the laws would make it rise to epidemic proportions either as the "antis" claim it would.

Top Bottom