Do you remember your first? I sure do...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    So today I was on a business trip with a few colleagues. We are out of the county and as could be expected, trying to adapt to a different culture and different social norms.

We had a very professional dinner, and then things go, well it got a little more social. Suddenly I found myself having to make a pretty serious decision. Do I stay and accept what could happen next, or do I politely excuse myself back to my hotel room? What was to happen next was not business...but consensual behavior between adults sharing a passion.

It all happened so fast that I didn't really know how to handle things, so I just tried to stay cool an act like I've been there before and I knew what I was doing. After a little more discussion, I realized it was for real, and it was time to become a man.

I looked my coworker straight in the eye, and obliged. As we toasted, we knew that the course we were on would forever change our relationship. It was my first time, and will always be memorable. Like many of you, I didn't really know what was expected of me. Fast, slow, medium pace? Start off slow and build up to a strong finish? Just play it cool and do what seems right based on the feedback from the other person?

In the end we finished at about the same time, and both let out a satisfied sigh....we knew the night was complete, and we knew that what we had just shared was special, and something that wouldn't happen very often.

We exchanged the usual expression of satisfaction...grins of excitement and enjoyment, sighs of relief, even a strong craving for a cigarette or cigar...as if the weight of the world was lifted off our shoulders. The undeniable eye contact that meant we had connected on a level that few had connected before.

It was my first taste of.....

Pappy VanWinkle bourbon:

It is likely that this will be one of the few times in my life I'll experience this pleasure. And I must say, it lived up to the hype!! That was the best 15 minutes of bourbon that I've ever experienced!!!

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    LOL, Sure didn't end the way you made it sound in your story.... LMAO Congrats to you... Hard to beat a good bourbon, and I mean the good stuff ... I don't drink anymore but son when I did... Hmmmmmm

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Nice! Which Pappy VanWinkle did you have? I've never had 15, but everyone says its different than the 12 and 23.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Your coworker?

stock-photo-girl-drinks-whisky-smokes-cigarette-black-background-98190005.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...We are out of the county and as could be expected, trying to adapt to a different culture and different social norms...

I know what you mean. Those out-of-county trips can be rough. I mean Lawrence County, Brown County, Washington, Scott, Jennings . . . it's like a whole different world man.

Top Bottom