• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Isn't the boiling point of water 212 degree's? not to be a smartass, but technically he wasn't "boiled" to death.

Yes, the boiling point of water is 212 degrees. However, if you were to take a bath in 190 degree water, I'm not sure that you would be able to recognize the 22 degree difference. :twocents:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Isn't the boiling point of water 212 degree's? not to be a smartass, but technically he wasn't "boiled" to death.

Yes, the boiling point of water is 212 degrees. However, if you were to take a bath in 190 degree water, I'm not sure that you would be able to recognize the 22 degree difference. :twocents:

also, consider that the 190* temperature was recorded after the incident, so presumably it cooled off somewhat in between "boiling" the dog and measuring the temperature.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Dang, that's rough. I don't know anything about mint processing but it had to be a lot of hot water to bring an entire creek up that temp. Anyone doing something like that has no excuse whatsoever for not recognizing the danger.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    also, consider that the 190* temperature was recorded after the incident, so presumably it cooled off somewhat in between "boiling" the dog and measuring the temperature.

Good call. I bet it was well over the boiling point if it was measured after the incident. Poor pup :( At least he prolly saved children from being seriously hurt or killed. Deserves a hero's burial :)

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Welcome to the land that time forgot. Starke County is the largest producer of mint in the North. In fact North Judson has the annual mint festival this weekend. I grew up working these mint fields. I find it hard to accept that this farmer had so much discharge it raised the temp of the ditch this much. Just odd I guess. So the dog must have jumped in the water. It would not have walked in. The whole thing is just weird. I wish my Grandpa was still alive. I would love to have had his insight on this. He worked those fields for 50 years. My heart goes out to the guy who lost his best friend. But I would like to know more about what is going on.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    This sucks. All wild life in this area would be effected. Can't imagine watching my dog die like this because of someone elses carelessness. I would want heads to roll!

Top Bottom