Domestic violence and HUMAN responsibility?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Hey guys...

Been pondering this a while and thought id post.

I have some "white trash" neighbors whose beautiful young daughters continue to affiliate them selves with "men of ill repute" ...meaning thug looking, low lifes.

On multiple occasions I have seen them choked/slapped/punched/kicked by these "people/boyfriends".

This is a weekly occurrence and quite regularly disturbs my peace(relaxing on my porch).

My question is....Should a person intervene in a situation like this...or just let things ride because "they bring it on themselves".

I know if it was MY daughter or wife being abuse Id DEFINITELY have somthing to do about it it....but this isnt the first occurrence or the first boyfriend to have done this to them.

What would you do in this situation?...Sitting on your porch...watching a 100lb white girl being slapped and choked by a 190lb black guy?

I know that most douche bags never face consequences for domestic violence and get off scott free....from personal experiences on the victims end....

Where does the law abiding and responsible citizen come into play in a situation like this?

God bless
    -Shred

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    well it never hurts to throw your openion at the "thug" i wouldn't be able to hold back. but don't get yourself in a tight situation. you may speak your mind and get it out there. but know there are higher authorities to back you up, use them. all it takes is a little mark and these bastards will go to jail..

on the second hand.. does the little white girl deserve my openion.. does she let them do it? why does she go for these types....

it's a hard situation to put yourself in. bu tlike i said i wouldn't be able to hold back,, i'd tell that kid what i think of him. and if he needs someone to hit on, hop the fence :D
    (don't mess with a man that's to old to fight, he'll just kill you.)

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I think the prudent thing to do would be to contact your local law enforcement. Call and report the abuse "noise complaint?", remain anonymous if you wish to avoid further involvement.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    How old are these girls and wtf is going on that you are seeing them getting choked/slapped/punched/kicked

This is happening outside? My vote is provide an anonymous tip to the authorities and find a new neighborhood if possible.

them
    Hey guys...

I have some "white trash" neighbors whose beautiful young daughters continue to affiliate them selves with "men of ill repute" ...meaning thug looking, low lifes.

On multiple occasions I have seen them choked/slapped/punched/kicked by these "people/boyfriends".

This is a weekly occurrence and quite regularly disturbs my peace(relaxing on my porch).

My question is....Should a person intervene in a situation like this...or just let things ride because "they bring it on themselves".

I know if it was MY daughter or wife being abuse Id DEFINITELY have somthing to do about it it....but this isnt the first occurrence or the first boyfriend to have done this to them.

What would you do in this situation?...Sitting on your porch...watching a 100lb white girl being slapped and choked by a 190lb black guy?

I know that most douche bags never face consequences for domestic violence and get off scott free....from personal experiences on the victims end....

Where does the law abiding and responsible citizen come into play in a situation like this?

God bless
    -Shred

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    How old are these girls and wtf is going on that you are seeing them getting choked/slapped/punched/kicked

This is happening outside? My vote is provide an anonymous tip to the authorities and find a new neighborhood if possible.

them

Cant sell the house...wont get what i owe for at least another ten years...would LOVE to live in the sticks!

All my other neighbors are quiet and good people.

The girls are probably high school age if not slightly older...but theyre just as trashy as their company and parents....out all night...underage smoking and drinking...loud music..., no jobs, trash talking, public swearing, scantily clad, drama queens, etc.

ON the weekends they hang out outside their house with numerous cars parked on the side of the street.

I understand being young and dumb...been there and done that...but some people never grow out of the dumb part.

Hard to watch an attractive young girl put herself in that situation....BUT...she DID put herself in that situation.....?

God bless
    -Shred

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    id probly set up a video camera to capture it. then I would proceed to whooping some ass and teaching some boys a lesson. I will not. WILL NOT stand by anywhere and watch a man beat up on a woman. I dont think im superman, but I can scrap alright and would do my damnedest to inflict damage and stop the threat to the woman. why would a girl want a boy who has his dingy ripped off? ;)
    If my daughter brought a boy home that was a thug I would ..... well nevermind.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I wouldn't get physically involved unless she was in immediately life threatening situation. But I would definitely contact law enforcement and inform them what's going on. Even if these girls don't have the self respect to put a stop to it and stop dating losers I wouldn't sit idle doing nothing. Perhaps speak to the girls if possible and ask why they put up with this crap.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Live and let live,you can't fix stupid. All your asking for is trouble if you intervene.

in my openion.. not true. i'm not saying jump the fence and go after the thug. but something needs to be done. before the girl get killed or seriously hurt.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    id call the police each and every time with a "noise complaint", after a few trips out it will be on their natural radar.

if you see them actually being hurt, i would say it is your civic duty to defend those who cant defend themselves. That "be a good witness" stuff is usually best left to spineless folks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Girls who allow themselves to be abused (slapped/choked/beat) typically come from families where the father is a wife beater. It runs in families. Men who abuse their wives typically grow up in homes where their father abused (slapped/choked/beat) their mom.

That all said, its likely the parents in the home next door are condoning the beating of their own daughter because it is no different than the behavior of what they do inside their own home.

If you want to get involved there are a few things you can do, each offers a varying degree of risk to you so choose wisely. Engage the daughter in regular conversations, find good points about her, compliment her, work over a long period of time to raise her self esteem and set yourself/your family/your wife up as role models that she can aspire to be like. This takes a huge amount of effort, coordination, etc. It also can easily be construed as meddling! On the other end of the spectrum is ignoring it. Somewhere in the middle is setting up an inconspicuous video camera, filming it and handing it over to the authorities.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    A loud what do you think you are doing from your own porch, if he comes on your property with threats of violence you have no duty to retreat. These girls need to be shown kindness and respecti from at least one man in their life. I was in walmart one night and this white urban youth impersonater was hitting his girlfriend on top of the head. I hung out watching for a bit and then the scum hit their baby on top of the head as well. I fast walked over there and told him if he touched either o
    ne of them again he would HAVE to hit me next. The girl looked grateful and he looked scared. If we stand by and watch the world fall apart around us we are cowards. All enemies foreign and domestic includes those that destroy society. I'm not saying. You need to turn into some kind of avenging angel but, some things should not be tolerated or they proliferate.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Hey guys...

God bless
    -Shred

I HAD a friend that kept putting herself in a similar situation and kept talking about wanting things to change. I spent hours and hours trying to help her and talk to her but in the end she decided she missed the d-bag and went back to him. Her dad hits, chokes, slaps, and verbally/emotionally abuses her, her sister, and their mom. Mom isn't willing to leave, sister isn't old enough, and the ex-friend figures as long as someone is making sure there is food in the house, things could get better. After so much of it, I just decided to walk away. If someone wants their situation to change (even if there has been pretty extreme abuse), they can change it. Sadly, most think there is very little they can do even when given all the support and given access to help that could help make the change. Not worth the stress of it in my opinion.

If it was family, I'd be ok with having to knock a head or two around in order to help motivate some attitude change. Being that it isn't family, getting LEO involved would be a start. The girls might not want to change anything and if so, that is on them. You can't help people that don't want help.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A friend of mine called the police because the teenager next door was beating up his girlfriend.
    While my friend was on the phone, the kid kept punching the girl in the face while taunting him to try to stop it.
    The police came and spent 1/2 hour next door talking with the boy and girl.
    When the officer came to my buddy's house, he reported he had managed to talk the others out of filing charges against him.

Call the police, if you must, but you should expect that the abusers will make false claims against you and the abused will back up the abuser 100%.

It may not be right, but that's the way it is.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Calling the police. Let me tell you a little story.

About 18 years ago I was living in Terrible Haute. On Liberty. If anybody here knows that town at all, they know that's not a good street. My neighbors liked to get in fights out in their front yard. Or, more accurately, the man liked to beat up the woman.

One night at around 2:00 am he beat her up and she went off screaming up the street. I was sick of it. I was trying to sleep, and had to get up at 6. I called 911. The neighbors knew the cops were coming before they got there, and were screaming about the mf'er next door that called them. I could only assume they had a scanner, the call went out, and they provided my address as the caller.

A few days later *somebody* tried to burn my apartment building down. It was intentionally set, for sure. There was no wiring or any sort of electric where the flames started.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This is a tough one. You are entitled to peaceful enjoyment of your property. The low life neighbors and the scum they have over are preventing this. If they are renters, maybe you could discuss the situation with their landlord. If relocating is definitely not an option, I would get some of this on video as an insurance policy. Some may call me a coward, but I wouldn't get personally involved because guaranteed they will then turn on you. It could be by trashing your car, yard, house, or worse. Even if you are attacked on your property and you put them out of their misery, you will have a lot to go thru including dealing with civil lawsuits. The world is full of dirtbags, you can't fix that. You can just protect yourself and your family.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Sounds to me if you stop one loser from beating on them they will just find another one to do it. It would be difficult to see stuff like this keep happening for sure, but if you get personally involved you will eventually have a long list of enemies that are way too close to home. Don't get me wrong, I don't consider myself a coward. However, when it comes to my home and family, their safety comes first. Now If I thought I was about to witness a murder or serious bodily harm. I would be left with no choice but to act. Getting the police involved is certainly a good idea, but as has already been mentioned, the accused often find out where the complaint came from so finding a way to do it anonymously might not be a bad idea.

Top Bottom