• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I was in the mood for shootin, too cold to travel to outdoors, and pop's was 2 hours backed up. (this was about a week and half ago, forgot to write about it)

We headed down to don's guns. I forgot how crappy the range was until I was in there, it's been so long. There was an old lady being trained with a shotgun by a screaming tattoo covered employee all the way to our left. Scruffy voice, tats and his hair indicated a retired grunt. There was also a guy and his girlfriend/wife way to our right target shooting.

The situation happened as described:

Customer's girlfriend takes a picture of him shooting.

Tattooi yells "hey.. HEY HEYYYYYYYYYYY. DON'T MAKE ME KICK YOU THE HELL OUT OF HERE."

Girlfriend: "what?"

Tattooi Employee: "THERES NO PICTURE TAKING IN HERE, DONT MAKE ME THROW YOU OUT!"

Guy to our right: "There's no need for that, we didn't see the sign sorry. We'll put it away"

Tattooi Employee: "THEN PUT IT AWAY! YOU WANNA BE A TOUGH GUY? YOU WANT ME TO TOUCH YOU? YOU WANT TO GET HANDS ON?! JUST TELL ME. JUST TELL ME AND I'LL GET HANDS ON (at this point I notice the crazy employee's restraining strap on his pistol is off). Employee was directly behind me at this point. I grabbed my gun and winged my wife and myself as far deep into our lane away from whatever could have happened.

Thank God the situation dissolved after the employee made several other direct threats, then stormed out of the range. We left several minutes later.

The customer is mention was extremely polite and didn't even argue back while being threatened by the range employee. I made a mistake even going back there. NEVER AGAIN :n00b:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    How bigga boy was that tattooed range employee?

Yep, that's just about ripe size for a butt whipping.

:)

Some folks didn't learn the right lessons in grade school. Run that mouth to the wrong person and lose some teeth. Did this guy have all his teeth??

(Unbelievable story. Sorry you got stuck in the middle of that one.)

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I was absolutely terrified I was going to have to make a decision between standing back or defending the customer (which could have looked bad to the 2-3 armed staff inside)

THANK GOD nothing happened. Like I said, never again will I return there.

(edit: on a funny note, this range commando employee did freeze after I sent a few round through the 44 magnum raging bull in that small room. lol)

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    What an awful thing to happen in a place full of people with weapons!!! When my time to visit ranges comes I will def be staying away from that place....this is not the first bad story I have read so far about Don's.

About the obnoxious, laud and plain rude employee....he needs to be careful, my Father always taught me that there's always somebody meaner and tougher than me just around the corner. He will eventually find his.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Alegre,

I agree. I had a friend who would often drink too much and get in people's faces. He did it to me several times. He was maybe 6" 5', 250+lbs, lots of muscle, real tough guy. I often mentioned he needed to chill out, or he would run into the wrong guy. Well one day he got a little too drunk at a party. Apparently, said the wrong thing to a 6'8+ 350lb guy. His girlfriend got her nose broken and he got knocked out cold with a busted out eye. He recently quit drinking, thank god. :-) I will absolutely leave a party before I come close to getting in a quarrel, I can't understand people who look for trouble.

Milsurp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Indy
    A friend wanted to shoot his new shotgun a few weeks ago so we had to slum it and go to Dons...

Screaming tattoo guy was there and boy is he obnoxious. Very sleazy, he fits right in there. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom