• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I dont do facebook for that reason. I dont know why the guy had to bring up male organs. Must be on his mind a lot. I think you did a good job.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Who is this guy?

To CTS (et alia),

Remember that in any debate your goal is NOT to change the mind of the other person. They are normally as entrenched in their position as you are in yours.

Rather, it is your goal to convince people who are sitting on the fence, and there are many, to jump to your side instead of your opponents.

There are millions of Americans who don't know what to think about gun control, abortion, gay marriage, decriminalizing drugs, etc etc etc.

Then something peaks their interest and they start looking at two (or more) folks arguing about it. This is your opportunity to push the needle, just a little, your way with them!

When truly debating someone think of yourself as a lawyer, and your issue is your client. You would NEVER expect the opposing lawyer to change their viewpoint. Your goal is to change the juries viewpoint. When that happens enough your opponent no longer matters!

You did fine.

Regards,

Doug
    Nicely stated. As usual. If I ever need help I'm calling you. Although you did use the word needle to a guy who was accused of a penis shortage.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I invited him to go to the range w/me, I doubt I'll be taken up on the offer but there's a chance. I'm certainly not of the belief that I'm some amazing debater, I just can't understand how you can be so vehemently against something you clearly don't wish to understand. If someone has really researched and learned something and still doesn't think people should be allowed to have guns, I can at least respect that they're being honest with themselves. It's the people who decide on an issue because it supposedly falls into the "liberal" or "conservative" political ecosystem, while not giving it any real thought or attempting to come to an understanding.

If you're going to call anything right or wrong, I just think it's a good idea for you to be able to articulate why you hold that opinion.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I don't watch football, and I'm certainly not reading a Facebook chatlog. Still, isn't relying on a professional football commentator's opinion on guns approximately as useful as asking for his advice in Japanese tea ceremony protocol?

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Hey, I believe everything that I hear come from the filthy ignorant mouths of some of the most liberal people on the planet---Hollywood actors and actresses. Don't you believe everything that you hear coming from them?

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Bob Costas is a weasily little jerk who is not even that good at being a sports commentator, in my opinion. Whenever I hear one of these so-called celebrities express their liberal, ivory tower opinions, I think about Rosey O'Donnell wanting everyone to be disarmed except for her personal bodyguards. More warped thinking from the Hollywood idiots.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    :tantrum:This is what he is probably doing right now,due to your facts. As far as his obsession with small things:dunno: not sure what to say....

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I think its obvious what we all learned from this..............Never argue with a guy with a tiny penis.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    You should've offered to show and tell. People that try to belittle others via senseless means are usually lacking themselves, not to mention their fractional integrity.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Bob Costas is a weasily little jerk who is not even that good at being a sports commentator, in my opinion. Whenever I hear one of these so-called celebrities express their liberal, ivory tower opinions, I think about Rosey O'Donnell wanting everyone to be disarmed except for her personal bodyguards. More warped thinking from the Hollywood idiots.

If Rosey wants to take my guns then i want to take Dairy Queen from her. See how she likes them apples.

LionsFan1911Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Might benefit him to realize that of ALL violent crimes committed only 7% are done so with a GUN and over 80% of those are obtained in FTF transactions or other illegal means....all while the number of gun related deaths/injuries compared to number of owners equates to FAR less than 1% of all gun owners

But it's ok, blame the object, not the people...:rolleyes:
    Where did you get this stat? I would love to red more. I was just discussing this today with a coworker, about how many gun crimes were committed with illegally purchased firearms. Seems like it would be very hard to track, but I like the stat. Send me a link if you have one please.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    To mosinowner: Your genitals are petite. Women find them to be unsatisfactory in both length and girth.

CHALLOOOOONGGGGEEE!
    :postpics:

Censored.jpg

Top Bottom