• ...and so much more!
  • 45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    You may re-route your order to an FedEx Access point or their "Clerk desk" to hold it for you, you MAY have to pay a fee, so you'd pick it up at your convenience.

On the FedEx driver "defense", IF the package is not SIGNATURE REQUIRED, them can just live it at the customer address front door. Better pay a few buck for the signature required fee then dealing with valuable stolen packages claims.
    Even better is to ship at UPS. With UPS you can even have it delivered to a local UPS store and pick it up at your convenience.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good news is Midway was very gracious in filing a claim and sending a replacement. Bad news is they wouldn't honor my $40 in discount codes (:whistle:) if I refunded and reordered, which was the only way to change the shipping address. So I either have to wrangle something with UPS customer service or take a half day off work to bird-dog my porch and watch for it.
    I'll hang out in your driveway and watch for the package. Though I might "fall asleep". So no guarantee I'll catch the driver. But I can try.
    And no, you cant look in my trunk.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Even better is to ship at UPS. With UPS you can even have it delivered to a local UPS store and pick it up at your convenience.
    Maybe maybe not. UPS Store gets REALLY skittish with anything gun related. They're just a branded retail shop. Not UPS proper.

But seriously @Ark , have you considered as soon as you get the tracking number, going onto the UPS website and putting a hold on that specific tracking number and have it held at a depot? That might work better than the standing order. (that I didnt even know existed)

Reactions: Ark

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    As an apartment dweller, I have EVERYTHING firearm related shipped to my work address. And if the seller won't ship to any address other than my CC's billing address, then they just don't get my business.
    Absolutely.
    I always did that with my expensive and/or "STEAL THIS BOX" labeling that shows sometimes.

It helps if you happen to be the warehouse manager at the work place.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Maybe maybe not. UPS Store gets REALLY skittish with anything gun related. They're just a branded retail shop. Not UPS proper.

But seriously @Ark , have you considered as soon as you get the tracking number, going onto the UPS website and putting a hold on that specific tracking number and have it held at a depot? That might work better than the standing order. (that I didnt even know existed)
    That's what I was able to do for the replacement shipment. I live pretty close to the 16th St depot, it's not a huge inconvenience.

I suspect I could have done that for the original, but frankly Midway has very speedy shipping and I snoozed on manually holding it after they overrode the automatic location hold I have set. Also, for stuff that can't be held at Access Points, they always need signature, so I thought they'd leave a door tag Friday and come back Saturday. I was really surprised to get an email telling me it was delivered.

It's really inconsistent what is locked for redirect and why. Sometimes I've had to wait out three missed deliveries before UPS would decide to hold it at the depot.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Finally picked up the replacement. Could only be held at the 16th St hub and they have a paper sign on the door declaring their hours to be Monday to Friday 8am-10am. :rolleyes: Slated to close down completely soon. Things get worse for customers every year.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Finally picked up the replacement. Could only be held at the 16th St hub and they have a paper sign on the door declaring their hours to be Monday to Friday 8am-10am. :rolleyes: Slated to close down completely soon. Things get worse for customers every year.
    so if it closes, then where will they hold it? Probably Plainfield.

Top Bottom