• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I was thinking about running the dogs in the sorgham Sunday but I'm not seeing the doves in there. Probably need a water hole near by. I dont know. I hope that maybe once the corn is down beside it, the doves will come. Any body have dove experience?

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I am seeing quite a few doves. I wish that it would get a little colder up north. The problem is when the corn gets shelled the birds spread out further. they should be in the sorgham. I would keep checking it. Good luck dove hunting is a blast.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    The corn is still pretty green in my field next to the sorgham. I'm thinking when it gets shelled the birds will come. We started shelling last Thursday. It rained here all day Saturday so we will be out of the fields for a bit. Even if we get back in them, it wont be long and we will be back out. The spring rains put us out of the fields when we were planting for like 2 or 3 weeks. The early corn is just getting dry enough to shell. The most of it is still pretty green. The corn on my 30 acres was planted pretty late.
    The stocks on the sorgham are mostly green. The heads are full and look good. I think they need to dry down quite a bit, then the birds will come. A new experience for me. We will see what happens.

Top Bottom