• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Just look for a regular ol' thumbhole stock the ban-era guns were imported with. Many WASRs still are imported with the thumbhole stocks. They are cheap since not many want that look.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    PSL style stocks show up on Gunbroker every now and then. They are a direct fit on most if not all fixed stock European AKs. The Yugo with a slightly thicker receiver might need some fitting, but should still work.

The SVD/Dragunov stock mounts differently and will not fit a standard AKM receiver. The are also unbelievably expensive.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    PSL style stocks show up on Gunbroker every now and then. They are a direct fit on most if not all fixed stock European AKs. The Yugo with a slightly thicker receiver might need some fitting, but should still work.

The SVD/Dragunov stock mounts differently and will not fit a standard AKM receiver. The are also unbelievably expensive.

No other stock will fit a standard Yugo receiver. They do not have a single or double tang rear trunnion. Yugos are equipped with a block style trunnion which accepts single bolt that attaches itself through the stock into the trunnion seen here.

yugom70rear.jpg

The receiver thickness has nothing to do with it, it's all about that trunnion. Most Yugo parts for that matter are proprietary.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Ironwood Designs and Rhineland Arms are two places I would look

I think Rhineland is planning/making a set that would fit a Saiga....which should fit a standard AK. The PSL set would take a buttload of mods... even the handguards are different.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    No other stock will fit a standard Yugo receiver. They do not have a single or double tang rear trunnion. Yugos are equipped with a block style trunnion which accepts single bolt that attaches itself through the stock into the trunnion seen here.

yugom70rear.jpg

The receiver thickness has nothing to do with it, it's all about that trunnion. Most Yugo parts for that matter are proprietary.

Thanks for straightening me out, but for some reason the rear trunion on my Yugo M70AB2 looks nothing like that. Nor does the one on the fixed stock M70.

As to which "AK" the OP is talking about is very obvious.

Indyk, thanks for posting that!!! First time I have seen those, and going to have to see if one will fit my SAR-1. :rockwoot:

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Thanks for straightening me out, but for some reason the rear trunion on my Yugo M70AB2 looks nothing like that. Nor does the one on the fixed stock M70.

As to which "AK" the OP is talking about is very obvious.

Indyk, thanks for posting that!!! First time I have seen those, and going to have to see if one will fit my SAR-1. :rockwoot:

I'd like to see pics of those if you got them. Do your rifles have builders or import marks or are they home kit builds?

I have never seen a Yugo/Serbian rifle without the "deadbolt" trunnion. They just recently stopped using RPK front trunnions. Which incidentally weren't put on because they thought the AK was a defective design they were just so the Yugo could effectively transfer energy from having fixed and fired a grenade. It is the same reason why the receiver and barrel are also slightly thicker. Thicker parts, less flex.

That being said they still have AK tolerances lol so it's questionable how much more accuracy you'll get out of them. I'd like to see pics of that and who built it. I can't think of a single Yugo which has left Zastava since 1958 including M64,M70,M70B1,M70AB2,M76,M85,.... on and on. There has never ever never been a Yugo to use single or double tang trunnion.

ZASTAVA ARMS

Top Bottom