• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I have an AR15 gas block front site needing taper pin holes drilled and reamed on a heavy profile barrel so I can pin the gbfs on the barrel.

I asked the guy that has done the most work on my guns and he does not do it.

I also reached out to another gunsmith but he is not taking new work for another week.

Any suggestions?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I ran into the same problem some time ago and solved it with set screws. Two on each side and one or two on the bottom. The same set screw that I use under the front sight post to lock it into place after the height is set. So naturally it is the same thread as the sight post.

I'm in Michigan right now and can't check the size, but Brownells sells them in a 10 pack with tap and wrench.

It makes for a solid FSB that can be easily adjusted on the barrel.

Last edited:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I ran into the same problem some time ago and solved it with set screws. Two on each side and one or two on the bottom. The same set screw that I use under the front sight post to lock it into place after the height is set. So naturally it is the same thread as the sight post.

I'm in Michigan right now and can't check the size, but Brownells sells them in a 10 pack with tap and wrench.

It makes for a solid FSB that can be easily adjusted on the barrel.

Done. Thanks for the fresh set of eyes, err idea!

Top Bottom