• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    You destroy that 250 yet ? iam waiting for my 200 frame to get here. When gets here im gonna crash it trying to fly through a bridge , then pull a roll and go over the top of it inverted then do some tic tacs and then catch it with my teeth while balancing my self on a basket ball . Its gonna be epic .

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    You destroy that 250 yet ? iam waiting for my 200 frame to get here. When gets here im gonna crash it trying to fly through a bridge , then pull a roll and go over the top of it inverted then do some tic tacs and then catch it with my teeth while balancing my self on a basket ball . Its gonna be epic .

Not yet. I did destroy the Mobius though... I need to take it apart and see if something came loose somewhere.

I did get it locked in pretty good though. I love how it feels when flying now. Due to weather and other things, I've not flown a lot lately but aside from some broken props... it's holding up good. :)

Good luck with your stunt flying as well. :)

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    How did you break the mobius ?

Fast/low proximity flying in the woods. Quad got a little too low and made contact with the earth... flipped, and rolled and stopped. Mobius got thrown off and something inside must have gotten knocked loose. <shrugs>

When I went back and replaced the props that broke in the crash and attatched the Mobius back, it would 'turn on' but not record. Thought that was strange. Took it in later, and the PC wouldn't recognize it anymore. The footage I was recording appears to have been lost (I really wanted to see that crash!)

Now it won't turn on. If I plug it in, I get a blue light instead of an orange one. I'm going to open it up and poke around and see if something needs to be re-soldered or what. I don't really want to replace it...

EDIT: Oh yeah! I also have a sonar module now. Haven't gotten it wired up and configured yet, but what I am hoping is that it'll assist me in low/proximity flying where I want to haul ass at full throttle but like 12" off the ground. I'm not sure if it'll work as intended though, as the only videos I have seen demonstrating it on a quad was slow speed flying up a flight of stairs, or a small hill, for a example. But it should be good for low-altitude position and altitude locking... that is the hope at least. :)

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    Iam not a naza guy so i have no clue how its gonna turn out for you , but some of the other boards / flight assist i have been able to go balls to the walls only a foot off the ground. But that was with a good gps lock , well balanced props and a ace pilot flying it.

Edit just remembered the first quad i had sonar on it and flew pretty will , till i flew it in a waterfall.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Iam not a naza guy so i have no clue how its gonna turn out for you , but some of the other boards / flight assist i have been able to go balls to the walls only a foot off the ground. But that was with a good gps lock , well balanced props and a ace pilot flying it.

Edit just remembered the first quad i had sonar on it and flew pretty will , till i flew it in a waterfall.

Haha. Well, I'm getting pretty brave with low to the ground flying, but I'm not going to deny a set of 'training wheels' if I wire up this sonar module properly and it can help me maintain 1 foot~ off the ground or so even if I slip at the controls... save me from having to replace some props and blowing leaves or grass out of my quad frame, haha. Also may come in handy doing some parking garage flying which i've not done yet, but have an abandoned one near me that might be fun to fly in.

Last weekend I was zipping around the field near me, trying to work on better line of sight flights. Just did a lot of practice runs where I am facing south, but I zip the quad east, bank it and fly back west full speed, bank it and repeat. Was doing pretty well but some of those turns/banks resulted in the quad flipping since I'd turn it at too steep of an angel. Well hell, the naze32 board has an 'angel mode' that is just wonderful. I had never really used it in the past so decided to try it out and was real impressed with it. It prevents it from banking more than 45 degrees in either direction so it makes those quick turns a bit safer by preventing the quad from flipping over. I was doing alright without it, but I still dropped it from the sky about 5 times. After I enabled it, no issues. Kept it in the air.

I want to do some FPV stuff this weekend. Just depends on what else is on my plate.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Nice! I got some flying done today but not a lot. Lost my voltage reader in the field... was doing some fast/aggressive low flying and practicing keeping my orientation correct. (Facing south, zipping back and forth east/west with sharp turns/banks) and came down and flipped across the ground a few times. These minis take a BEATING. It's insane. I flipped it across the field on the ground at least 3 times, didn't even break a prop... but I did happen to lose my voltage reader I keep velcroed ontop the quad somewhere. I didn't notice it was gone until after I left the previous crash sight, and it could have fallen off in a different crash anyhow. Spent 5 minutes looking and wrote it off as lost. =/

Tomorrow I may try out a pair of those HobbyKing video goggles... and if I like them I'll order a pair for myself so IC an start doing FPV again. Haven't really flown FPV, even though I've got the setup/equipment for it, only but a couple times. Would be more convenient to build a dedicated ground station for it as well as either use goggles or a dedicated screen... I don't really like lugging my laptop around.

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    Nice! I got some flying done today but not a lot. Lost my voltage reader in the field... was doing some fast/aggressive low flying and practicing keeping my orientation correct. (Facing south, zipping back and forth east/west with sharp turns/banks) and came down and flipped across the ground a few times. These minis take a BEATING. It's insane. I flipped it across the field on the ground at least 3 times, didn't even break a prop... but I did happen to lose my voltage reader I keep velcroed ontop the quad somewhere. I didn't notice it was gone until after I left the previous crash sight, and it could have fallen off in a different crash anyhow. Spent 5 minutes looking and wrote it off as lost. =/

Tomorrow I may try out a pair of those HobbyKing video goggles... and if I like them I'll order a pair for myself so IC an start doing FPV again. Haven't really flown FPV, even though I've got the setup/equipment for it, only but a couple times. Would be more convenient to build a dedicated ground station for it as well as either use goggles or a dedicated screen... I don't really like lugging my laptop around.

Dang things are indestructible, smacked a tree going fast as it willl go, the folding arms just fold back and take most of the shock . But this time my fpv antenna got snacked on a small limb the i couldn't see till it was to late and broke my sma adapter off.

What props you running ? Im using gemfan 5030.

Top Bottom