Drop leg kydex sheath with pouch for Busse ASH(in progress)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I have looked at this picture for about a year now and wanted to find something like it. So far I believe it is homegrown and I'm going to take a stab at making a few myself.

I wanted more of a pouch that would hold fire starter or such in an Altoids can so I started looking at the mag pouches harder. The pouch flap is removeable with velcro in side the pouch. This will be where I attach the drop leg extension.

So far this is what I am thinking for the drop leg extender. Getting it stitched up the next step. The OL doesn't want me near her sewing machine with the webbing..... lol

Then I will make the kydex once I know exactly how the pouch comes out. The last part will be a 1" leg strap with quick disconnect buckle.

Hopefully more to come real soon.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    It looks like you have a fine sheath started there, can't wait to see how it turns out!

I made one similar for a TGLB, I used a pouch I found at the surplus store. On my webbing, I used a soldering iron to melt holes for Chicago screws, that worked well for attaching the webbing to the kydex.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I once had the great idea to sew my own shotgun cards on the wifes sewing machine. Turns out the sticky part of 3m velcro will royal mess up a singer sewing machine. I ended up buying her a new one. So i would avoid sewing heavy nylon

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    That sheath is jot home grown. He is a active member on BF. And is a search and rescue guy. I don't believe he makes sheaths anymore but I'm not positive. I'll see if I can find a thread for you

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I just got a look at the drop leg piece I am having stitched by a coworker who does quilting. Looks great and she used a darker brown so there is a contrast on the coyote webbing/thread. She also said it was easy to stitch doubled over as she uses a ball point needle so it does not damage the webbing. I am having her make 4 total and plan to sell a few to recoup some of my money out on this. I bought plenty of velcro and webbing to do more. I also decided to use the Ontario OKC3S drop leg strap instead of a paracord leg strap. It should be really comfortable.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Well, here it is. It took me a while to get back on some stuff for myself. Haven't tried it out yet on an expedition or anything but it is ready for the first pass. The kydex is held in by the pig tail of paracord out the bottom. I would like to do something better than that...

Top Bottom