• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Just a thought, why do some SWAT teams use a metal powdered shell in their door breecher ammo, I guess because it works?

Because it breaks up into powder when it impacts metal objects like door hinges and locks. Breaching rounds are not designed for anti-personal use.

Extreme Shock has been proven on countless occasions to be full of hype.

The Box O' Truth #23 - ExtremeShock™ Ammo and the Box O' Truth - Page 1

Exotic Ammo Test with results from Dr. Gary Roberts
    Exotic Ammo FAQ

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I hear what you are saying, but again it's water jugs and sheetrock and neither one of those will attack me and that makes this test mute for me. Richard Mann's test in American Handgunner went much further and therefore have more credance than jugs and sheetrock and yes I read those on box of truth. But what will it do to flesh and bone, that is the real test and like the door breecher load it's compressed metal powder in a jacket that opens up. Just check Mann's report and decide for yourself.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Sorry no I don't, it came in a magazine order I made. I might be wrong, but I read in the Box of Truth (or maybe some place else) concerning the DRT the guy asked if it is so good why does the military not use it? He failed to realize it's a hollow point and banned by the military.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sorry no I don't, it came in a magazine order I made. I might be wrong, but I read in the Box of Truth (or maybe some place else) concerning the DRT the guy asked if it is so good why does the military not use it? He failed to realize it's a hollow point and banned by the military.

Yes, but law enforcement agencies CAN use it. But they don't.

You'll not find a single LE agency that issues it. And it's not due to cost.

Workhorse 95

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    As a LEO, on the excessive force thing I wouldn't worry about the type of ammo used because lethal force is lethal irregardless of the type of ammo used, how do you get more excessive than lethal. Also small point but as a LEO you never really know what you will encounter like a barrier of some sort between you and a threat. My point is maybe it is not used in law enforcement because you may have a need to penetrate a windshield or something metallic. Besides, the most lethal bullet is one that hits the target, and the best tool for that is training not some magic bullet. The idea that you are asking questions, thinking about scenarios, and researching options is great but don't forget to train. A quality expanding hollow point round the same as or similar to what law enforcement uses should be more than adequate. As example golden sabers or the others listed here. The only other ammo you need is tons of cheap practice ammo to hone your skills, which obviously is the most important.

Another page from LE, larger caliber slower bullet, ie. .40 or larger.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom