• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Von Mises Institute makes the case that prohibition worsens the drug problems of society by giving rise to improvised drugs that are more addicting, dangerous, potent, and deadly. A certain segment of society will use drugs no matter what the laws say. Without these Prohibitionist laws, this segment of society would gravitate toward more mainstream drugs that are way less deadly. Specifically, meth is one drug that would be nearly extinct without the War on Drugs.

What Explains Crystal Meth?

Figure1.jpg

Last edited:

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    Same thing during alcohol prohibition. People who were dealing with the underground economy wanted the highest proof alcohol they could get partly to avoid the impurities in whatever was used to water it down.

Now, people settle for 80 proof whiskey and think it's good.

Those women in the before and after series don't look like they have changed that much. They have different hair colors and haircuts and different amounts of makeup. Compare anyone's high school yearbook picture with their mugshot and you have the same thing. See what "buzzed driving" does to you. Even the meth users who deteriorate the most have other destructive forces in their lives like drinking and getting beaten up on a regular basis.

No one gets out alive. Look what happened to Jack Lalanne. All that fruit and vegetable juice finally killed him.

Last edited:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Eh, while I agree that the prohibition of certain drugs has caused WAY more problems than its..."solved", I dont buy this. At least in the meth bit. Mind you I'm from Daviess county, I go to school in Knox, and i spend most of my free time in Lawrence (Illinois). So I'm far from ignorant. =p

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dorjan jackson
    Top Bottom