• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    I have been doing dry fire ever since I began shooting 2 years ago but not in an organized way. I have been working on the Stoeger plan as of Dec. 1 2014. I have noticed a big improvement especially in site picture. I work on that all the time. I start by drawing at the wall, no target, several draws to warm up. Then move to getting site picture, squeeze the trigger- no movement on the front site. Then I move on to the drills. If you look through the Stoeger book he gives a training schedule (back of book) to use for your base training plan. I have found that there is no way for me to do a 15 minute program. I have been timing my work outs and I am getting to about 35 minutes. Stoeger also has a podcast. It lasts less than 10 minutes. There are lots of videos as well. I have decided that when it comes to technique I'm not straying to much from what I feel is comfortable. Every pro has a way of doing things. You have to NOT take that as the only way to do things. Look at the different swings golf pros have. So, far though I have noticed a huge improvement. As far as par times, he tells you to adjust them to get a little closer to where you're at as far as speed. What I am struggling with is always trying to beat the par beep. It forces you to rush. You (I) have to remember to let the par time not be something you have to beat but rather a time frame to get the drill done in. He talks about "taking your time as quickly as possible". It's good advice. I've decided that focusing on keeping that site picture is more important than beating anything. I'm going into my third year of shooting but my first year being really serious (and I've switched to limited from production). I'm going to take my time on the basics, see how well it shows in the matches and then adjust accordingly. I look forward to seeing the comments from the guys that have been shooting for a long time to see their thoughts. Great thread.

Top Bottom