• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    To all the waterfowlers - what is your steel shot / choke combo? Im shooting a browning invector plus factory modified choke with a couple different loads. Im not real pleased with the patterns thus far.
    Are any of you using some market choke tubes like Patternmaster, etc? I really cant afford to buy the Hevi Shot so I will be staying in the steel shot.
    I have been trying some Black Cloud and the patterns arent that great, thought about the Winchester Blindside.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I primarily hunt geese with my Browning Maxus. I run a Kicks High Flier tube and #2 steel shot all year.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Did you try your improved cylinder, remember with steel shot your choke is one size tighter. I use my Factory Browning chokes with out problem.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I have used a gold hunter 3.5 inch for years with factory improved cylinder. The only steel shot I use kent # 1, shoot's very good great for ducks and geese.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I have been playing around with different loads this year but I always use my factory Benelli Super Black Eagle modified choke with #2's for ducks and geese. If I know I will be in a tight spot shooting only close shots at ducks I will go to #4's.

So far this year I have gone through a couple boxes of black cloud, hevi-shot, kent and I have tried a couple blindsides that were a hunting buddies. I have not shot anything that I thought was hands down better then the other.

I plan to do some heavy testing this summer, but I just got this gun about a week before season so I only put about 75 shells through it on the trap range out back to get the feel of it.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Kent and xpert shoot better patterns then black cloud,Remington hd, or blind side in my 870 and 11-87. You should give them a try!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I find it unseemly to employ crude weaponry on a hunt for duck. I prefer offhand head shots with my 1911 .45ACP; Not as clumsy or random as a shotgun. An elegant weapon from a more civilized time.

Top Bottom