• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepCrasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    I need to change to a different belt clip on my Esee 5 or sheaths all together. My 5 is my workhorse at takes a lot of abuse, so does the sheath.
    So how do to 2 compare in hard abuse situations.

Later

Crasher

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I need to change to a different belt clip on my Esee 5 or sheaths all together. My 5 is my workhorse at takes a lot of abuse, so does the sheath.
    So how do to 2 compare in hard abuse situations.

Later

Crasher

I'll bring my ESEE 5 set up Tuesday when we meet. I had some modifications done to the original sheath that I believe makes it a lot more stable when carrying verses the original belt clip that allows way too much movement when your on the go.

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I really like the kydex sheath especially for hard use. I hate getting leather knife sheaths wet. Seems to me that they stay damp for a long time and then I worry about rust on the blade.

Might checkout Eli at Godspeed Tactical if you go the kydex route.

might also check out grunt soldier. we make some killer kydex for any blade also and have some of the absolute best prices out there :)

on to the question both are great but if it will be wet and in the mud/dirt alot I say kydex. it's easy to clean and very durable.

However if you want some great leather check out Dakruiser on here and he will make you some very tough and awesome leather.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    might also check out grunt soldier. we make some killer kydex for any blade also and have some of the absolute best prices out there :)

on to the question both are great but if it will be wet and in the mud/dirt alot I say kydex. it's easy to clean and very durable.

However if you want some great leather check out Dakruiser on here and he will make you some very tough and awesome leather.

How is it I never knew you did that?:n00b:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Not sure :) we have a good amount of reviews here on ingo and have made a ton of sheaths and holsters for members here. Godspeed makes solid kit to. If you need something let me know

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Crasher, in a hard use situation Kydex is going to be better IMHO. It will clean up eaiser and let the knife dry faster than leather, plus it will look better after a beating where leather will show it's scars.:twocents:

Give Grunt a shout, he will get you fixed up right.:thumbsup:

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I prefer kydex. Kydex will leave micro scratches on the blade, but that isn't going to mater for you. The only leather one I have is the one that came with my Bark River Gunny.

Top Bottom