Eagle Creek - Flood Stage vs Access (road)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    MCF&G: Eagle Creek - Flood Stage vs Access (road)

Question for those more familiar / in the know:
    With all the rain I figure it might save me a drive ...

Is the range (Marion County Fish and Game) accessible with Eagle Creek showing at 10' on the stream gauges (they list 9' as flood stage).

I figure the most critical spot is at the RR bridge on the entry road - this is the low point.

Just curious - I got a new scope I want to get sighted in but I don't want to waste a trip if the road is impassible ...

THANKS in advance for the info.

ETA
    I had this in the right 'forum' - but since I never venture to the Eagle Creek range - the confusion was initially not evident.

Last edited:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I drove by earlier, but I didn't drive down to the range. I would imagine it's fine.

Edited to add that I live really close. If someone doesn't post before, I will drive by tomorrow on my way home from church.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sorry guys - I was in a hurry when I wrote the title - and beside - I know exactly which thread / forum I put it in. ... ::nuts:

It makes perfect sense until you start opening threads from the 'new posts' rather than from an individual forum.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It makes perfect sense until you start opening threads from the 'new posts' rather than from an individual forum.

Exactly. My comment was that I saw Eagle Creek and thought "Eagle Creek pistol range". Then after answering and looking at the map how absurd the concept was... I looked at where the thread was posted to and I realized what was REALLY being asked. So no worries. In thread context it made perfect sense. In new post view, it was a gotcha.

Good luck getting in there.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Anybody checked it recently? How is the access?

Was out there Tuesday and it was fine.

oops I forgot. I was there Sunday - it was fine then. -

By then the USGS stream data showed well below flood stage at both the up and down stream gauges.
    The access road low point didn't even seem 'wet' - so it was probably fine up to flood stage (at least) ... :dunno:

Top Bottom