• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Very good range but to high in price at $20 to shoot there all the time plus they are only open on the weekends. If you shoot more then seven times a year then you might as well join Marion County Fish and Game to shoot at for the amount you would pay to shoot at eagle creek.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Very good range but to high in price at $20 to shoot there all the time plus they are only open on the weekends. If you shoot more then seven times a year then you might as well join Marion County Fish and Game to shoot at for the amount you would pay to shoot at eagle creek.
    If you buy the 10 visit ticket or a season pass, it's a very reasonable price. It's also an extremely safe, professionally supervised environment, and a I've never had a bad experience there.

And you know what, if you want to promote MCFG, that's great. It's a great place also. I shoot FNS and bowling pins. I've enjoyed my time there as well. But I don't feel you should come into this thread and disparage ECPR with your MCFG promotion.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    If you buy the 10 visit ticket or a season pass, it's a very reasonable price. It's also an extremely safe, professionally supervised environment, and a I've never had a bad experience there.

And you know what, if you want to promote MCFG, that's great. It's a great place also. I shoot FNS and bowling pins. I've enjoyed my time there as well. But I don't feel you should come into this thread and disparage ECPR with your MCFG promotion.

Agreed! Also $10 for an hour or $20 for. Full day is NOT a bad price at all!

Bollorollo, you are welcome to start a new thread about MCFG if you'd like, this is Guys thread about his business!

Guy, how does the all day pass work? Do you have to give up your lane every once in a while so hourly guys get in or can you camp out in a lane as long as you want?

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The day pass is good for the day. If you get the pass and get on a lane it is yours until you leave. We may move you to a different lane to keep a group together. We dont want people who are shooting together to get split up if we can help it. It also cuts down on people moving around the range.

Also if you have a day pass and want to get more ammo or lunch you can pack up and clear your lane then when you return you can get a new lane and finish off your day.

-James

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    James speaks truth. They have always managed to accommodate myself and shooting buddies. Never once has anyone been inconvenienced in my visits. We have all been satisfied and with their RSOs I feel it's a great environment.

Now, if I can get my daughter to wake up so we can go.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    There's tomorrow. Great day. Coworker, daughter, and myself went. Ended up next to someone else I know through work. Definitely a good time.

James, I like the SR22. Sadly, better than the P22, thanks again everybody. We were there several hours, noticed a couple people waiting, so we loaded up to make room for them since we had done what we had set out to do. Introduced someone who hasn't shot in a long time and put a few few rounds through the 22s. And function tested a couple shotguns in preparation for tomorrow.

My friend wants to thank the guy who helped with how he was holding the gun, but I do not know his name. I believe it's the guy who always has the tool cart with him. I'll be back.

Again, thank you Guy, James and the other RSOs.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for stopping out. Glad you had a good time. Next time if you are not done shooting feel free to stay on your lane. You paid for the time. It did get busy but everyone got their time in.

I have almost 500 rounds through that SR22 and plan to finish off the bulk box of Blazer and Winchester. It seems to run alright. I want to see how much it can take before a cleaning is needed. Anyone can shoot it as long as I have the ammo.

Brian is the RSO with the tool cart. You can find him on most Saturdays with his tools and the 480 Alaskan...LOL

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The day pass is good for the day. If you get the pass and get on a lane it is yours until you leave. We may move you to a different lane to keep a group together. We dont want people who are shooting together to get split up if we can help it. It also cuts down on people moving around the range.

Also if you have a day pass and want to get more ammo or lunch you can pack up and clear your lane then when you return you can get a new lane and finish off your day.

-James

Thanks James, I've only been out there once, and that was our "Shooters on Scooters day, so we only hung out for about an hour!
    I can say from my limited time there and brief meet with Guy and a couple of the R.Os, (you may have been one!?) that it seems that you guys have a pretty good grasp on running the place!
    +1 for everyone there! Hopefully I won't wait for SoS II, to get back out there!

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I rode with you guys on the SoS #1. I also ran the ECPR shooting part. I was also on the Yellow katana. I didn't stick around after our stop in Nashville and headed back with Andy. I would ride again if the SoS#2 happens. I may not shoot, I just want to ride. I only put 4K on the bike last year...

Don't be a stranger. Everyone is welcome to the range. We enjoy hanging with all the new shooters and regulars.
    This is my 4th year at ECPR, as for having a grasp on things, well yeah we do our best to keep things smooth and safe.

-James

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy

Don't be a stranger. Everyone is welcome to the range. We enjoy hanging with all the new shooters and regulars.
    This is my 4th year at ECPR, as for having a grasp on things, well yeah we do our best to keep things smooth and safe.

-James

I went for a couple hours this morning. It was great to get back to the range.

I've been going to EC for a few years now and can say that TFT did a great job stepping up last year, and from what I saw this morning is off to a great start in their second year. Here's to hoping to see it expand... maybe offer some steel options in the other bay... etc. :rockwoot:

Thanks for letting me try out the new SR22 as well James. Its a very nice little shooter! And thanks to all the TFT crew for the work in keeping it safe and organized.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I went for a couple hours this morning. It was great to get back to the range.

I've been going to EC for a few years now and can say that TFT did a great job stepping up last year, and from what I saw this morning is off to a great start in their second year. Here's to hoping to see it expand... maybe offer some steel options in the other bay... etc. :rockwoot:

Thanks for letting me try out the new SR22 as well James. Its a very nice little shooter! And thanks to all the TFT crew for the work in keeping it safe and organized.

I think guy told someone last year that you can set some steel targets out in front of the backstop. Don't remember the whole conversation, but worth checking into!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Bring your own steel. If it's approved for use it can be say out at 25yds or better and good to go. Spoke with James yesterday about it.

I would like to a dueling tree and plate racks in the next bay. That would be pretty slick.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Had a very enjoyable, safe experience at Iggle Crick on Sunday.

My Colt revolver from 1902 in .22WRF is up and running just fine, thanks to Stuf Grell of Grell's Gunsmithing of Attica for making that spring for me!

I shot 200 rounds through that old girl and it did not hiccup once. I even let the ROs shoot it just to share the love.:D

I hope Guy enjoys his root beer, West Lafayette's finest, and the .22 tracer ammo I brought.

Hope to use Eagle Creek more for the rest of the year. Got to get BigCraig's neighbor out there.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    We had a great opening weekend!! We're adding three new RSOs and we plan to have 20 lanes available for public shooting all year.

The root beer from Kirk was definitely a highlight, and we hope to see more INGOers next weekend!!

We've also lowered our prices - now only $10 for an hourly pass and $20 for an all-day pass. Ten-visit passes are still $75 and season passes are $120. For a range fully supervised by NRA-certified Range Safety Officers, that's the best deal in Indy.

Guy

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For a range fully supervised by NRA-certified Range Safety Officers, that's the best deal in Indy.

Note that the supervision and commentary by the Ghost of Jeff Cooper is free. Which is helpful, today I learned of his struggles against the Invasoids.

Top Bottom