• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I attended the Stout Field gun show today, and there was an Indian gentleman selling Damascus knives for what I thought were very cheap.
    I did not buy the any knives from him, suspecting that they are fakes. Has anyone on here purchased one? If so is it a fake? He was quoting prices of $65 to $125 on knives that I thought if they were true Damascus knives, would be selling for much more.

So INGO, what say you?

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    These knives are starting to show up at almost all of the gun and knife shows. They are true Damascus by definition, but very low quality. The knives/blades are made in Pakistan and are basically compressed juicy fruit wrappers. The people that I have talked to in the knife world that know about them, tell me they are basically junk and most of them will only test 53 to 55 on the Rockwell scale due to the poor metal and heat treating process. The only plus side is if your selling them, most of them are marked up two to three times over cost. :twocents:

Last edited:

turner66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I looked at them for a while too wondering if they were any good or noy (I did like the look of a lot of them though) ended up resisting my urg to buy one glad I did now thanks Brad

Top Bottom