• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I am in the process of submitting an e-file form 1 and I cannot get my finger print file to upload. I had the prints done at a local class 3 dealer and have them on a flash drive. I currently only have a Mac to use, which could be the problem. Is there an application I can use to get this file to open so I can submit it, or do I need to go back to the dealer and just have them finish the submitting the form 1 from their computer?

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Make sure the files are complete. I had mine done at the 1500, they didn’t get the form completely filled out. A call to them and it was fixed in like 5 minutes.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I don't know of any software to open and edit an .eft file. I can say that I use a mac and have no issues. Try shortening the name of the file on your desktop and resubmit.

If you're still having issues, shoot me a PM, I'm happy to help you get it filed.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Might not have been an issue in the eft file itself(which is the fingerprint file if I’m thinking correctly) but on the flash drive with all the other information. I couldn’t edit the file to fix it myself.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    There are apps in the app store that you can use to view EFT files. You can also use nistviewer on the desktop to view the contents. I would do that to make sure it isn't corrupt but you don't extract before uploading. Their site expects an EFT file and will validate the contents.

Top Bottom