• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A Congressional representative says founding fathers would be disgusted with the way Congress currently acts, that they are doing anything they want regardless of the Constitution. Since the 104th Congress he has been introducing legislation that would require any new bill to specify where in the Constitution the authority for the bill can be found.

Seems like a mighty sound bill to me. The Congressman is right. Congress is acting as if there are no legal limits on it's authority, has been for far too many years, and the result is an inevitable fracture as it's only a matter of time until at least some Americans will not tolerate a government acting outside the law. "Some" may not sound like a lot, but it's worth bearing in mind that only roughly 30% of colonists supported the Revolution against Great Britain, and only roughly 3% actually actively supported the war via taking up arms or other affirmative measures.

Rep Shadegg: Congress Is “Doing Whatever It Feels Like†| Foxnews.com

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    If they won't stop the gravy train themselves, then we'll have to set the tracks on fire. I hope Shadegg can get some support on this.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Maybe with the current unrest politicians will get behind this. :dunno: One can only dream, right?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    like it

I like the sound of this bill, but I am not sure it would do much good. Congress has very broad powers by the Constitution. The Elastic Clause for example.

The best thing for getting Congress under control in my mind is voting them out. Anyone voting for the incumbent these days is aiding the problem and fighting the solution.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    One way that it might help is in court when considering the Constitutionality. If they tie it to a particular place it would not have to be interpreted somewhere else. It clearly spells out what the intent of the law is. I think the Bill of Right should have been done this way.

Top Bottom