• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I bought an Epic Wide Video Camera to try out at the range. I was hoping to incorporate it into our training in various ways. I took it for a test drive yesterday to see how it worked and was a little disappointed in the video quality. It's not a high dollar camera so perhaps my expectations were unreasonably high but with technology as affordable as it is I think they could do better.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Glad your arm is healing up nicely!

I'd say that the image quality is ok at best but what bothered me more than anything was the placement of the camera because it doesn't show what you're looking at or what you see from the same angle.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had it mounted to the side of my hearing protection. It came with a couple different mounts that we'll be playing with to see what works best.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Check out the GOPRO HD 1080 camera. I use one on the 4 wheelers and it is very nice and wide angle as well. Check them out on youtube.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Check out the GOPRO HD 1080 camera. I use one on the 4 wheelers and it is very nice and wide angle as well. Check them out on youtube.

If it turns out that we find a place for this sort of thing in our training I'll definitely look into the GOPRO. I didn't do much research before I bought the Epic, probably should have.

Top Bottom